Ploughing

Ploughing our low lying ground for Planet spring barley. Previous crop was a good crop of winter wheat followed by a drowned cover crop.

When my father started farming, it was very difficult to walk on the lower part of this land. When the cows came in for milking, the clay had to be washed from their udders.
It has high yield potential but needs to be handled with care.

Ploughing our low lying ground for Planet spring barley. Previous crop was a good crop of winter wheat followed by a drowned cover crop.

When my father started farming, it was very difficult to walk on the lower part of this land. When the cows came in for milking, the clay had to be washed from their udders.

How come you don’t see more lads using a press like that .

it,ll be like the 70s again, lads with long heads of hair and sideburns driving tractors with no cabs and their hair blowing in the wind , nobody with tuppence to rub together and nowhere to go :thumbup:

Yep. Except those who had the long heads of hair in the 70s , have none now .:sad:

The rest will feel normal every day stuff.

How’re people in general getting on? Would 75% of planting be done? I’m about 80% of the way there.
I’d say about 50% in the west is done but be a lot more by the end of the week, @CORK thats a lovely setup you have, but I will admit that combi wheel reversing does make me nervous to watch

Just 2 screenshots off a Snapchat, ploughing today for a customer sowing spring wheat for the pit, he insisted we plough through a half dry pond in the field. The man on the harvester will have fun there

Attachments

• 05FD67D8-70AD-4705-9187-DEB3B50FA8E4.png
    05FD67D8-70AD-4705-9187-DEB3B50FA8E4.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 7870643F-B767-4BC7-87EF-E9E98506FEA3.png
    7870643F-B767-4BC7-87EF-E9E98506FEA3.png
    862 KB · Views: 116

With the press, is it easy to grab it each time or have you plenty of leeway?

With the press, is it easy to grab it each time or have you plenty of leeway?
Reasonable easy Nash, the arm on the press is extendable so you can make it plenty long enough. I’m as sympathetic as possible hooking on so as not to put too much strain on the arm etc.

Back