Politics in Ireland

Great to see our travel restrictions and borders working well. Only have the Brazilian strain here now.
It’s very frustrating to see such free movement. Imagine how the health professionals must feel to see politicians flip flopping around such vital factors.

If we could shut down such movements until we get on top of vaccination, it would surely give control a better chance.

Virus's mutate, that's normal. There's nothing stopping Ireland having it's own mutation but can't we at least stack the odds in our favour.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It’s very frustrating to see such free movement. Imagine how the health professionals must feel to see politicians flip flopping around such vital factors.

If we could shut down such movements until we get on top of vaccination, it would surely give control a better chance.

Virus's mutate, that's normal. There's nothing stopping Ireland having it's own mutation but can't we at least stack the odds in our favour.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
This government can't scratch it's self without 1st asking Brussels if it's itchy. Drive you up the wall

Michael Martin couldn't blow his nose without putting the decision to a comittee first

Useless man ,worse than varadkar which is saying something
I hate Micheal Martin with a passion.
He is one of the many TDs that kept their teaching position for 30 years, depriving his last school of a permanent teacher and a young teacher a permanent job, all the while he stole the extra pay and benefits for himself.
I believe all Ministers in Bertie Ahern's and Brian Cowen's Governments that bankrupted this country, should have been barred from holding public office ever again. Some of Brian Cowen's Ministers did a lot of heavy lifting trying to correct the damage they had done to the country, Brian Lenihan RIP especially, but Micheal just hid. Whenever things are going wrong he just hides.

I think Helen mc Entee is great. Not because she's a woman but she works so hard on so many cases. Seems to be a very nice person too
I'm impressed with Holly Cairns so far, says it like it is. Pearse Doherty has done some good raising the insurance issue.

I'm impressed with Holly Cairns so far, says it like it is. Pearse Doherty has done some good raising the insurance issue.
Yeah like the sound bites of Holly cairns so far seems a straight shooter. With mehole and the rest of them only reason they are there is there's no decent alternative, seems to be the same though in politics across a lot of countries can't really comment about many but the UK and USA come to mind

Mehole only went into government with Fine Gael so that he could be Taoiseach, take note how he took the first stint at it as if the government doesn't go full term he has had his go, if he didn't get the position this time he probably wouldn't have another opportunity and correct me if I'm wrong but he would have been the only leader of Fianna Fáil not to have been in the office.

This crosses a lot of threads. Is there anyone of integrity left in Irish politics? Keeping your word is so important but it's getting rarer.
As voters we expect the people that we vote for to act in our best interests. The problem with most current politicians is that they only act in their own best interests.

Politics in this country has become a gravy train. Get in it and it is set up in such a way that even by just 1 term you will be set up for life

I think the day of great men or women in politics may have passed. You can only do right as you see it and that's never going to be popular to all constituents. No politician could make a decision that would even please all the people on this forum never mind the whole country. The difference today is that with social media and a 24 hour news cycle there is a beast that has to be foddered constantly and all they are trying to do is not be today's meal. There was a time when history judged the actions of leaders years hence, now Twitter does it in an hour

He is one of the many TDs that kept their teaching position for 30 years, depriving his last school of a permanent teacher and a young teacher a permanent job, all the while he stole the extra pay and benefits for himself.
I believe all Ministers in Bertie Ahern's and Brian Cowen's Governments that bankrupted this country, should have been barred from holding public office ever again. Some of Brian Cowen's Ministers did a lot of heavy lifting trying to correct the damage they had done to the country, Brian Lenihan RIP especially, but Micheal just hid. Whenever things are going wrong he just hides.
I think Martin could go into the history books as possibly the last FF Taoiseach,the party is burst imo.
I don’t see any decent politician within the ranks of the party just a bunch of five eights gombeen county councillors.

Brian Lenihan will be judged very favourably by history

He has a sneaky grin that gives him away.

Back