Possible switch

I will be changing my SWB landcruiser soon for a 5 seater crew cab, had planned on purchasing a 2015 - 17 Business class Landcruiser but not so sure now.

I do like the look of the Discovery 4 they re priced about the same as the LC.

never had a Land Rover before, are they very unreliable when they get to be a few years old ?

I will be changing my SWB landcruiser soon for a 5 seater crew cab, had planned on purchasing a 2015 - 17 Business class Landcruiser but not so sure now.

I do like the look of the Discovery 4 they re priced about the same as the LC.

never had a Land Rover before, are they very unreliable when they get to be a few years old ?

Guy who does my servicing says you just have to keep a maintenance- repair budget for landrover, he likes them otherwise

Nothing wrong with my landcruiser, I just find it a bit of a barge, I loved my old SWB and had it for years, I didnt give enough thought before buying the business class, thought I was swapping an apple for an apple but the bigger vehicle is that bit different in many ways

Given the chance again, I'd have kept the old SWB and bought an electric car for family time etc , we rarely need to do long trips and things are sort of going that way

Suppose I could buy an older 4wd again and an electric now but hard to know what you're getting with fifteen year old jeeps and I'm not buying a seven or eight year old landcruiser or even dmax and a family car ,not made of money

I had a drive in an electric car a few months back and was completely won over ,kia niro ,imagine the Tesla is even better albeit obviously with price to match , speed of the kia blew me away, instant torque

Last edited:
I've decided to try and sell privately, then buy an Isuzu dmax for circa 9k , will then aim for the new skoda enyaq next year when it goes on sale, slightly smaller than the skoda kodiaq apparently and full electric, wife can sell her 2012 hatchback and drive new car to work, I can use the dmax for collecting kids from school , electric car will be the family vehicle

Only ever drove a kia niro electric but was completely won over ,the skoda should be even better

That's all assuming I can sell the business class landcruiser, not selling at huge loss

There just too much of a barge in my opinion, different beast altogether compared to my old SWB

The X5 are more for young single lads ,BMW look great and drive great but reliability is pretty un German according to the mechanics I chat to
Any lad under 40 I see driving an x5 I automatically assume is a drug dealer.
Meant to add that aside I think the series 2 version are gorgeous not a fan of first gen or the latest ones with the silly huge grille....seriously it ruins the entire range.

Last edited:
Any lad under 40 I see driving an x5 I automatically assume is a drug dealer.
Meant to add that aside I think the series 2 version are gorgeous not a fan of first gen or the latest ones with the silly huge grille....seriously it ruins the entire range.

Some of the large civil engineering firms supply them as company vehicles to Foremen and engineers etc.

selling the cruiser has been put on hold until middle of next year , i decided to spend 250 euro having it chipped today , the guy who did it has a good reputation ( not that i know much about this type of thing ) from the reviews ive read online , im really not seeing much of a discernible difference so far to be honest though , he told me it wouldnt turn it into a rocket ship and that i was only going to go from 177bhp to 210 bhp but im not really seeing massive extra power

selling the cruiser has been put on hold until middle of next year , i decided to spend 250 euro having it chipped today , the guy who did it has a good reputation ( not that i know much about this type of thing ) from the reviews ive read online , im really not seeing much of a discernible difference so far to be honest though , he told me it wouldnt turn it into a rocket ship and that i was only going to go from 177bhp to 210 bhp but im not really seeing massive extra power
The Toyota has a fairly lazy engine so a mild power boost like that won't have much effect on performance you probably only notice it when towing or in in your fuel economy as you will have a flatter torque curve meaning the power range will be a bit bigger.

The Toyota has a fairly lazy engine so a mild power boost like that won't have much effect on performance you probably only notice it when towing or in in your fuel economy as you will have a flatter torque curve meaning the power range will be a bit bigger.

there is a slightly noticable difference on hills but its very marginal , only cost 250 so probably worth it for one local incline alone

still somewhat underwhelmed at the results however

should have said " remapped " by the way , rather than chipped

Back