Post drivers

Put plenty of grease on the mast and it might sort it
Not sure weather to grease or oil it. There is a pipe tapped into the beam from the blow off hole in the ram that allows a dribble of oil down it. It's a self maintaining unit really. Will keep a extra bit of oil on it to help it along.

Not sure weather to grease or oil it. There is a pipe tapped into the beam from the blow off hole in the ram that allows a dribble of oil down it. It's a self maintaining unit really. Will keep a extra bit of oil on it to help it along.
Definitely grease it, the oil pipe is only a breather for the main lift ram, if oil comes out of there your seal has failed unless it has some design to let a bit out which I doubt. Grease is the job for a vertical slide.

Definitely grease it, the oil pipe is only a breather for the main lift ram, if oil comes out of there your seal has failed unless it has some design to let a bit out which I doubt. Grease is the job for a vertical slide.
That what he said to me that a drop will blow out of it. There is no grease nipple's on it even

That what he said to me that a drop will blow out of it. There is no grease nipple's on it even
There’s grease nipples spaced about every 12-16” on the malone one, I think the newer ones have the top port plumbed back onto the mast like yours but ours just has a small breather and let’s put an odd shot of oil, especially if for example you’ve left the weight hanging for a few minutes then lift the mast to full height, only a tiny drip mind. And it’s surprising how much it affects it if it’s dry you think it’s loose enough that it won’t matter but really does

Give it a good smattering of grease along all the edges, as said it will make a big difference.

I assume you have checked that there is not a stray Burr or similar impacting the sliding of the weight.

Thinking about getting a post driver for the back of the tractor myself to do the fencing here. Just looking for a basic one. Is there any particular one that stands out from the rest or are they much of a muchness?

Thinking about getting a post driver for the back of the tractor myself to do the fencing here. Just looking for a basic one. Is there any particular one that stands out from the rest or are they much of a muchness?
Definitely go for the side tilt and hydraulic toplink if you can it’s amazing how much you use them even on a flat bit, or atleast stick a hyd top link on it anyway.

Have an older malone here and it does what’s needed without any hassle, has driven the bottom of a telephone pole with a rough point on it handy enough

Definitely go for the side tilt and hydraulic toplink if you can it’s amazing how much you use them even on a flat bit, or atleast stick a hyd top link on it anyway.

Have an older malone here and it does what’s needed without any hassle, has driven the bottom of a telephone pole with a rough point on it handy enough
Use a malone around here too, very hard to beat.

Malone here, friend has bought a basic Vector.

Summary: much of a muchness. Some good things on each.

As said, get a side tilt model and hydraulic toplink.

You may look new though, very rare to find one second hand and any fresh ones I've seen, are basically close to new price.

Just got a malone post knocker.
Never used a knocker before. I take it that one of the hoses is supposed to go in the free flow return?

Yes the one with the bigger diameter pipe, ideally needs to go to a free flow
Thanks. Not had it on yet but thought that might be the case. Plenty basic stuff on how to attach to tractor in user manual but no mention of spool connections so thought best to ask on here👍

Back