Potatoes

Did he give a blast playing for Sheffield Wednesday
They'd have little interest in that. Think football and hurling is about the height of it. The only thing getting a blast last week was the sprayer, I think the jf is next in line for a blast this week

No it wasn’t that lad Meath massey said, the lad farming it now is young too, he’s my age too works for BASF I think, John Deere tractors, new Holland combines, think the uncle is at it with him too, initials are EC, don’t know have they much spuds now or any at all but they were all spuds one time as far as I know, farmers journal did an article on the father when he died. Used to have 2 Tx36’s and my tx34.

That’s gas I lived with him for a few years, there was another lad then about 5 mins out the road he was a contractor cannot think of his name now, red deutz combine left outside

Hardly @13spanner ? Not sure of the housing facilities for the combine , but make and location could fit ?

That’s gas I lived with him for a few years, there was another lad then about 5 mins out the road he was a contractor cannot think of his name now, red deutz combine left outside
2 lads around here had red Deutz combines. I can't imagine either leaving them outside though. One is a contractor though and has since moved over the NH combines.

No it wasn’t that lad Meath massey said, the lad farming it now is young too, he’s my age too works for BASF I think, John Deere tractors, new Holland combines, think the uncle is at it with him too, initials are EC, don’t know have they much spuds now or any at all but they were all spuds one time as far as I know, farmers journal did an article on the father when he died. Used to have 2 Tx36’s and my txtx34.
I know who you're talking about now, I wouldn't be too far from them. No spuds grown there at all now, don't think they'd have had over 250 - 300 acres of spuds but would have had a big acreage of cereals also at that time.

I know who you're talking about now, I wouldn't be too far from them. No spuds grown there at all now, don't think they'd have had over 250 - 300 acres of spuds but would have had a big acreage of cereals also at that time.
Aw I see I wouldn’t know much about them I thought he said 1000 acres of spuds maybe it was 1000 acres of tillage, they had a self propelled potatoe harvester and a trailed one before they said ?

I see Met Eireann have issued a status yellow blight warning for Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wexford and Wicklow. I know several members grow a few for the house, but are there any commercial potato growers on here? Couldn't seem to find a thread dedicated to the subject. We used to grow a couple of acres at home until the early 2000's for sale in local shops, there were a handful of growers around here growing 5-20 acres up until the last few years but gone now, is it purely the preserve of the large scale growers at this stage?
I grow some, would be relatively small by today's standards.
Photo_6553763_DJI_163_jpg_4080464_0_2021421191454_photo_original_compress42.jpg

Aw I see I wouldn’t know much about them I thought he said 1000 acres of spuds maybe it was 1000 acres of tillage, they had a self propelled potatoe harvester and a trailed one before they said ?
They had both those harvesters alright and probably a windrower also at that time

I do be passing that area often enough actually I’ll post pictures into this thread of them over the year for the craic, I’ll try get into contact with the owner for permission.

All in over a month now, first of them are just emerging.
I have Rooster, Maris Piper and Cultra.
Weed spray was Defy and Shotput, then blight sprays every 7 to 10 days from rosette stage to dessication.
What's the blight spray of choice these days, is Dithane still on the go?

Back