Precast Cubicles

DC95

Going building a new cubicle shed here and using precast cubicles placed on top of the slats.
Does anyone have any experience with them or know which company has the best quality and which to stay away from.

Going building a new cubicle shed here and using precast cubicles placed on top of the slats.
Does anyone have any experience with them or know which company has the best quality and which to stay away from.
We don't make them where I work so I am an independent observer of precast cubicles as such, have seen them on jobs where we supplied slats etc.
Why are you going precast cubicles? Do you intend to move them in future or what is the motivation do you mind me asking? They work for certain, and there's no difference between the few makes I have seen really quality wise, but I suppose it is worth noting that they are expensive compared to just pouring cubicles as normal.

We don't make them where I work so I am an independent observer of precast cubicles as such, have seen them on jobs where we supplied slats etc.
Why are you going precast cubicles? Do you intend to move them in future or what is the motivation do you mind me asking? They work for certain, and there's no difference between the few makes I have seen really quality wise, but I suppose it is worth noting that they are expensive compared to just pouring cubicles as normal.
It's for a grant job and they'll be going on top of slats. The grant will only allow you to put precast cubicles on slats.

I put in 15 of them last year , in a place where they may or may not be staying .
Spillane Precast , Nenagh supplied them . They weren't cheap , but everything needed for the job was supplied by them , even down to a drill bit, screws, bolts , clamps , Washers, rubber mats. They came when they said they would .
I'm happy with them.

It's for a grant job and they'll be going on top of slats. The grant will only allow you to put precast cubicles on slats.
One of the many things I often wonder about the grant schemes, I assume the thinking is that in say 25 years time when the slats need to be changed that it will be far simpler remove the precast cubicle units than breaking out the poured in situ cubicles? What I would say, and no one in the department will ever say, is that the precast cubicles act like a weight on the slats but the poured in situ cubicles have a beam like action, which while still a similar weight, that ties everything together. I suppose what I am getting at is that I reckon the slats will last longer without the precast cubicles, just my opinion mind you

Is their main purpose not where your spanning a tank and it's a lot simpler to swing in precast than starting to deck out and pour .
I put in SMP ones from the north 10 or 12 years ago, very happy with them.
I seen these lately on a neighbour's farm
Supplied by Spillanne.
I don't see how the are putting pressure on the slats.
Screenshot_20220103-215557_WhatsApp.jpg

Back