Price of parts

in this case hi its not, apart from if you mean the delaer should be crying about the scandal and if thats the case, then yeah, your dead right.
i was meaning that the dealer should hold some parts and not leave you too stuck if your busy
i know if i got stuck then riverlea would chase mcconnel to get me going as soon as,i would even say they would rob a part off another machine somewhere to keep me going too:thumbup:

other side of the coin is they should be creating about the prices differences you mention too

What kind of parts would you have in stock? I'd have normal wearing parts here, couple of bearings and I'd usually carry a spare hose too. Carrying the the likes of a joystick or gearbox or a spare motor would be a bit too costly for me although at this stage I'd have must of them in stock from fixing broken ones...

Dealer here has a great stock of parts but unfortunately with a price to match because of the price they're buying them from the importer.

Noting to major just a few bearings, springs, chain tensioner, sensors and magnets, belts, bolts and studs.
Like [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] says when buying new try to get a few common bits, just to have them.
I think its a good idea to have a few bits and to help one another out, in a situation where parts can't be got over the weekend or late at night, the more information we share with each other the more we know what parts are common to break, i think on here is an ideal first call, if someone is looking for a part out of office hours.

Noting to major just a few bearings, springs, chain tensioner, sensors and magnets, belts, bolts and studs.
Like [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] says when buying new try to get a few common bits, just to have them.
I think its a good idea to have a few bits and to help one another out, in a situation where parts can't be got over the weekend or late at night, the more information we share with each other the more we know what parts are common to break, i think on here is an ideal first call, if someone is looking for a part out of office hours.

Id be the same as yourself I keep a good few spares although I bought the hesston 7725 to cut up for spares and I cant bring myself to cut up the 7720 so il fix her up and maybe she might get me out of trouble some day again,
I do keep a few sets of spare wheels around aswell.
The lads on here are great to share knowledge and information but theres lads around here that ive gone out of my way to help out with finding parts and the like only for them to turn around and piss on me when I was in a hole:no:

Gearbox went on the hedgecutter today , rang Iam got a lovely price of 1560 + vat , rang [MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION]s man in the uk €1000 + vat at my door . Both have to be ordered from uk so I think I know where we will be getting it !!!

Gearbox went on the hedgecutter today , rang Iam got a lovely price of 1560 + vat , rang [MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION]s man in the uk €1000 + vat at my door . Both have to be ordered from uk so I think I know where we will be getting it !!!

Thought you were Vat registered [MENTION=3098]laoisfarmer[/MENTION] , should be no vat if thats the case.

What happened to the gearbox? It's ridiculous the price difference and that's at a fairly shite sterling rate too! I got a pump for almost half the price a few years ago...

What happened to the gearbox? It's ridiculous the price difference and that's at a fairly shite sterling rate too! I got a pump for almost half the price a few years ago...

Bearings collapsed and rung the shaft going into the pump ( probably have to get a pump as well ) ,the small gear is damaged and there is a hairline crack in the front of the pump , a lot of the trouble was lack of oil, it looked a little dry .

Bearings collapsed and rung the shaft going into the pump ( probably have to get a pump as well ) ,the small gear is damaged and there is a hairline crack in the front of the pump , a lot of the trouble was lack of oil, it looked a little dry .

Does yours have a wee slieve bearing running at the rear of the of the input shaft or are all 4 bearings the same? Was the pump down on power before the gearbox went bang? A bearing went in my box and the wobble did in the pump but the gearbox was fine, just needed new bearings.
What year is yours btw?

Does yours have a wee slieve bearing running at the rear of the of the input shaft or are all 4 bearings the same? Was the pump down on power before the gearbox went bang? A bearing went in my box and the wobble did in the pump but the gearbox was fine, just needed new bearings.

What year is yours btw?

It's 2001 not sure what it was like ,that's the fathers job , didn't study the box to much, pulled it of in the field saw the damage and got in bad humour !!!

We keep a fair amount of spares, the parlour in particular, have a motor and pump and pretty much every sensor on the shelf.
Have at least one spare wheel for every size as well.
Boss doesnt mind helping out some folk with bits and pieces,but some seem to take the piss, actually had one guy moan because we didnt have a spare he needed, we didnt own the machine anymore

What make of hedgecutter is it?

Bought a new grouper belt for the john deere 1360 mower
Mars bar to the nearest guess :thumbup:

Last edited:
€100 ? I'm not being smart, just maybe it was " new to you" , if you know what I mean?

Back