Quads

I agree with the Man. 450 would be a common size bike so easy to find. just nice power to weight wise.
500cc starts getting to big to use the traction properly. And use serious fuel for the same job! Fine for playing, not so for work!

I've a CanAm here since January and like it a lot. The auto is just like Yammaha.
My 500 can am has just gone 5 year old,it’s an animal of a machine and the acceleration on it is unreal,I don’t miss my shitty Honda one bit,they’ve gone to shit lately.

Reactions: AYF
My 500 can am has just gone 5 year old,it’s an animal of a machine and the acceleration on it is unreal,I don’t miss my shitty Honda one bit,they’ve gone to shit lately.
Yammaha went the same way.
Quality just dropped recently. We keep our bike fresh, change every 3-4yrs usually.
Last yammaha went in to the dealers more times than most of the others combined.

Yammaha went the same way.
Quality just dropped recently. We keep our bike fresh, change every 3-4yrs usually.
Last yammaha went in to the dealers more times than most of the others combined.
Fair while since we had 350 big bears,always had bother with driveshafts on them.🤔

We started out with honda 250s. Had 3 of them. We then we went and bought a Suzuki 400 asi. She's 4wd and automatic. Would never go back to full gear change or semi auto. Have near 14000 km on her now. We find her more stable than the smaller 250s were. We were slow at the start to get a quad but wouldn't be without one now. Just need to treat them with respect.

Honda definitely seam easier bought than yamaha but more honda available. €4500 for 10 or 12 Year old Yamaha seams to b the asking prices 🤔
Better to go full hog , at least you know what you have than giving nearly half price for an ould bike and probaly have to spend abit on it aswell

What do lads think of “gator” type quads, I know they are a lot dearer but are they handy for bringing a few tools posts etc and a helper, what are they like off road? Will u bog one handy enough? Often thought one be handy.

What do lads think of “gator” type quads, I know they are a lot dearer but are they handy for bringing a few tools posts etc and a helper, what are they like off road? Will u bog one handy enough? Often thought one be handy.

not as versatile , bar shelter , inferior to a quad IMO

Think it's quadzilla you might be thinking of

could do with a quad myself but herself wont allow it as our four year old would demand to be on it all of the time

its true , he would

used them in new zealand back in the day , good as a tractor in many ways

are those can am any cheaper than honda or yamaha ?

where are they made , are they chineese ?

Slightly less than Honda and Yamaha etc.

Canadian built,same firm make skidoo’s

made in Mexico!
But the firm claim they are Canadian.

Edit; I put American down the first time for some reason!

I see talk of Quadzilla..... don't touch with a bargepole! Mate decided he was clever buying one..... he wasn't!

Last edited:
I’m sure mine has a built in Canada sticker 🇨🇦
See my post again!😂 was talking about America with the Misus!

Mine has a made in Mexico sticker!
Could just be one of the components mind you!
Or they changed sites?

I bought brand new CF MOTO 450 from quad factors this year can be road registered if needed, for 200€ more great bike power steering serious winch on front great for towing I’ve a jarmet quad spreader put 5 bags in soft ground no hassle to it! Front and rear diff locks plug for trailer lights usb charging points under body protection guards it really is well worth it paid nearly 6k you won’t look back!

Lad out beside where cowboys and heros music festival takes place has a can am bike.would be a hard lad on plant but he very happy with it.he has a half ton sower for it aswell...his first can am was stolen but he bought this one in the north instead of kilkenny.good price difference

i know nothing about quads or gators bar gators being a lot safer and that in my view is enough especially where there are young lads or old lads

We had a couple of Honda 250 2wd here and for herding stock etc tjey are perfect and cheap to buy and run.
Have a 420 this few years,very reliable but a lot harder on petrol.
Bought a well used Kubota rtv this year as well and the quad is rarely started.the rtv is super handy for work around the yards bringing tools etc and herding stock.
Safety was my main reason for buying but I'm amazed at the amount of jobs it's useful for.
Unfortunately I bought a cheap one during lockdown without doing massive research and am now looking for a fresher one,maybe a john Deere

Back