quicke q45 loader

Blue Ray

hello, I've got a 2007 Quicke Q45 loader without hydraulic implement locking, but have recently been thinking about converting it to hydraulic locking. I am just wondering do i need to buy a new electro hydraulic diverter valve or is there a built in valve somewhere on the loader that I could plumb into. If the valve is already on the loader where and how do i activate it, there seem to be only two wires plugged into the valve on the loader crossmember and these are used for the 3rd service for opening and closing the grab,there are a further 3 pairs of 2 wires each in this loom but can't see anywhere to plug them in and the second button on the joystick does nothing when pressed.
thanks in advance for any info.

hi blueray,
welcome to the forum,

the hydraulic implement locking device can be used on the Q-release fittings that are already on the loader (3rd service)
you can add, as an optional extra, the 4th service that comes with a second solenoid and valve that's screwed into the opposite side of the valve that's already on the loader,
it also comes with two Q'release fittings and all pipes and hardware,
its easy to fit.
the harsh-man plug is already on the loader ready for it.
the second button on the joystick is used for this when its fitted,
a hyd imp locking kit will cost you approx €660+v retrofit.
but you will have to pay xtra for the 4th service (which isn't cheap either) if you want it separate from the 3rd service.
the hyd imp lock is well worth it if your changing from say bucket to fork to spike and so on,
however if your using a shear, you will still have to get out to couple/uncouple the hyd pipes neway.

you can also invest in a selectofix for the loader and for the implement, which is handy as the hyd pipes can be coupled under pressure.
the down side of the selectofix is that it has then to be fitted to all attachments that you use. so they can all couple to the loader as it wont accept ordinary Q-release fittings after its fitted to the loader side.

what im trying to say is, that if your mostly using implements that dont require hydraulics, the hyd imp lock is as handy as sliced bread,
but if you only have a bucket and a shear its a bit of an over kill as you will still need to manually connect the pipes on the shear, therefore defeating the cause somewhat.
dose that make sense to you.

ps,
did your dealer wire up the softdrive on the loader, as all the Quicke's come with it as standard now.
i ask this as ive seen a few lately fitted to tractors and the dealer didnt bother to wire it up as its a bit trickier than the 700&900 series wiring.

Last edited:
Thank you Tinman for your reply and information.
I don't like the idea of the hydraulic quick attach being operated off the 4th service for safety reasons, I'm afraid it'd be too easy press the wrong button on the joystick when say meaning to open the shear grab over the diet feeder! Is this the way it would have been set up had I specified hydraulic implement locking from new on the loader. i suppose it'd be safer to put another solenoid divertor valve on the 3rd service lines and locate another button some where on the side console of the tractor like on the John Deere loaders. I just thought I might already have this extra divertor valve on the loader somewhere but I've been looking around and can't find anywhere to install another two pipes.
The harsh-man plug you speak of is not a term I'm familiar with, sorry to sound stupid, but what is this?
I take your point about hydraulic quick release not being much advantage for the shear grab but there are a number of times that I'd be changing from bale spike to bucket, etc. The manual quick attach mechanism on the loader isn't 100% reliable, it'll always close safely but by design there has to be a bit of play in the handle to allow it to work and sometimes when you open it, the handle will have closed again by the time you get back up on the tractor! I've been thinking that the hydraulic quick release would cure that problem especially as I recently located a small double acting cylinder on a machine I was scrapping and was just thinking that it'd do the job nicely.
I've seen the selectofix connections for the grab pipes with some of my neighbours and they look impressive and I couldn't do without the hydro quick and the lock and go for the loader mounting at the brackets, but I sometimes use the same grab on an older Quicke loader that I have for a back up so I'd be facing a big bill to upgrade everything.
The soft drive feature on my loader is controlled by the older style knob on the loader cross member.

if you buy a hyd imp locking device, there is a switch in the kit also.
you will have to manually press this as well as the button on the joystick to release the implement.
the harsh-man plug has changed on the new Q series to a multi plug, they are the two other plugs that you can see that are not connected to anything.

i wouldn't be a fan of hawking up a xtra diverter valve and a double acting ram and associated linkage and xtra pipes to make a hyd imp locking unit,
it ill look a right mess on a nice loader imo.
but its your loader, not mine.
but id be thinkin when you have all that done you will have as much spent as will buy you the proper kit in the end up.
also, if your loader is in warranty, that lark will void it.

I suppose you're right about it costing as much to buy the bits I'd need to do a conversion job. You make it sound very attractive to buy the Quicke hydraulic locking kit and have nothing to do only fit it straight on.

our manitou has the hyd locking plumbed into the aux service. all you do is shut a manual valve (on the flow to open the locking) when you attach the grab. When you open the grab it will always pressurise when locking ram outwards (locked) before opening grab however when you close the grab the shut valve stops the oil going to the locking ram.

hope this is clear

Kenny

our manitou has the hyd locking plumbed into the aux service. all you do is shut a manual valve (on the flow to open the locking) when you attach the grab. When you open the grab it will always pressurise when locking ram outwards (locked) before opening grab however when you close the grab the shut valve stops the oil going to the locking ram.

hope this is clear

Kenny
but would i be right in saying that that valve is on the boom kennyo,
the idea of the hyd implement lock is that it can be done from the seat, unless you need a third service, then you must exit!.
but i know what your saying, it would work on the existing line with an extra valve.
the kit on the quicke consists of more than a ram and pipes, it also has new linkage's that replace the original ones.
and it has a fail-safe so as not to bend the latching pins.
but its well worth the xtra few pound on the price of a loader.

but would i be right in saying that that valve is on the boom kennyo,
the idea of the hyd implement lock is that it can be done from the seat, unless you need a third service, then you must exit!.
but i know what your saying, it would work on the existing line with an extra valve.
the kit on the quicke consists of more than a ram and pipes, it also has new linkage's that replace the original ones.
and it has a fail-safe so as not to bend the latching pins.
but its well worth the xtra few pound on the price of a loader.

Valve is on the boom but you only move it when you get out to put on pipes for grab etc rest of time it is set for locking. so you can change from fork to bucket without getting off.

never seen the quikie set up but sounds like its at bit more complicated than replacing the pin on the manitou

Valve is on the boom but you only move it when you get out to put on pipes for grab etc rest of time it is set for locking. so you can change from fork to bucket without getting off.

never seen the quikie set up but sounds like its at bit more complicated than replacing the pin on the manitou
i see what you mean.

there isnt that much to the quicke one, but if ya started to make one up it would nearly end up at the oem cost.

its not too dear for what it dose imo.
sliced bread n all that.

i see what you mean.

there isnt that much to the quicke one, but if ya started to make one up it would nearly end up at the oem cost.

its not too dear for what it dose imo.
sliced bread n all that.

how on earth would those bits come to manufactures prices
all you need is a tap and a small locking ram
same setup as on a manitou

I called into the local Quicke dealer to price hydraulic implement locking kit because it'd be nice to have the correct linkages etc to avoid bending pins or something. I am now waiting almost two weeks for the store man to phone me with a price because he couldn't find it on the day. I've been busy anyway with the weather being better this last week but starting to think about it again today.

I called into the local Quicke dealer to price hydraulic implement locking kit because it'd be nice to have the correct linkages etc to avoid bending pins or something. I am now waiting almost two weeks for the store man to phone me with a price because he couldn't find it on the day. I've been busy anyway with the weather being better this last week but starting to think about it again today.
let me know how much you are quoted for one, just out of curiosity if you dont mind.

Back