Randomly Gone

if you could get the right person into the house even paying a small rent it would keep it dry and maintained, you,d be surprised at the prices people are paying for houses in poorer conditions than that house
While I understand what you are saying, money or getting tenants are not the issue.
Access is the issue, over 1/2Km of farm lane into the heart of the farm, through 4 gate I like to keep locked, access is only available through the farmyard between the sheds and through the cattle yard.
Not leasable and still use the yard, house or yard is my choice, and I choose the yard.

Last edited:
While I understand what you are saying, money or getting tenants are not the issue.
Access is the issue, over 1/2Km of farm lane into the heart of the farm, through 4 gate I like to keep locked, access is only available through the farmyard between the sheds and through the cattle yard.
Not leasable and still use the yard, house or yard is my choice, and I choose the yard.
The house should always be the 1st thing you come to on the lane,a local farm you can’t get to the house during milking🙄the wife was a teacher and her car was always covered in shite from the collecting yard.

4 gates to open would be a big drawback alright and i see your point for sure, i was just thinking that any house not being lived in deteriorates very quickly

Out for a walk by the Slaney, through the Brother's forestry, water in the Slaney was a disgrace, brown from the Shit and Piss from the people of Tullow, Rathvilly & Baltinglass, :smellypoo:.
The small tributary going through farmland is crystal clear, :thumbup1:20210613_164849.jpg20210613_164902.jpg20210613_173655.jpg20210613_173752.jpg20210613_173830.jpg

Last edited:
You know you are going cracked when you are repairing your favourite bucket.
JD do very good oil buckets.
View attachment 94274View attachment 94275View attachment 94276

Oh you're not alone doing something like that. Mrs Tafkat often questions my sanity when I go about repairing the most disposable of items, just because "it's my favourite"

Ye have a brother here . I used to wonder what the hell my father was bothering doing some of those old things for .

Its a sign we are getting older , sorry , more " Mature".

Replace them with old mineral lick steel handles as they break.
Have that done on one but if you put them in the original handle holes they are too short and you take the knuckles off yourself when you go to pour out the contents 🙁

Have that done on one but if you put them in the original handle holes they are too short and you take the knuckles off yourself when you go to pour out the contents 🙁

The boss man here must have done a further modification so as that's not an issue here.

Still messing with the Fe35, down to the finer mechanical details now, a few diesel and oil leaks getting sorted and a few bits of tidying on the electrics. Dropped the hydraulic oil this evening so after the last few tiny diesel leaks are fixed and the left foot well fitted, 20210707_171637.jpg20210707_171646.jpg20210707_171652.jpg20210707_171658.jpgit will be off to be sprayed

It's for a 35 but has a few mentions of a fe 35, in very good condition. Drop me a pm and I'll stick it in the post for you.
Thanks a million, I will just check he hasn't the book hidden away, will send you a pm over the weekend.

Back