Randomly Gone

Hit a big stone and sheared one of the main bolts holding on one of the frogs on the Lemken on the last day out. We were well away from from home and the sower right behind us so limped on to finish up. Ended up slightly bending the retaining screw fitting, but no other damage thankfully. Took off the little plate holding the retaining screw and straightened it in the press, then fitted a new bolt and a new landslide and back good as new.
20211025_180758.jpg20211025_180806.jpg20211025_180823.jpg20211025_180738.jpg

Hit a big stone and sheared one of the main bolts holding on one of the frogs on the Lemken on the last day out. We were well away from from home and the sower right behind us so limped on to finish up. Ended up slightly bending the retaining screw fitting, but no other damage thankfully. Took off the little plate holding the retaining screw and straightened it in the press, then fitted a new bolt and a new landslide and back good as new.
View attachment 98984View attachment 98985View attachment 98986View attachment 98987
is she a reset?
must have covered some acres with it now?

is she a reset?
must have covered some acres with it now?
Yes, hydraulic auto reset, also has shearbolts in all the legs, but still was a bitch at shearing these main frog bolts, till the retaining screws were fitted. That was the first of those bolts to go in a few years.
Not really sure on the area covered, some years I would do near 700 acres with it and other years it would be left in the shed. I would guess it has covered somewhere between 4 & 5,000 acres.

I am not a gardener, most of my sisters are. The pics are from all over, none from here, a lot of plants my mother had farmed out and a few pics from up state NY.

I was being sarcastic . I realised that you mightnt have either the time nor inclination , to keep a garden of a size that would keep 20 OPW staff employed year round.
Lovely photos , and please keep posting .

I was being sarcastic . I realised that you mightnt have either the time nor inclination , to keep a garden of a size that would keep 20 OPW staff employed year round.
Lovely photos , and please keep posting .
Sarcasm filter is poor at the best of times, but Sunday morning and the written word means it is nonexistent.
:confused::surrender:

:lol:

index.php

The cat doesn't look too happy at being disturbed for photographs lol

Back