Recording tillage data

Mf6290

What do ye all use for recording field information?

Is Teagasc e-crop still the best one to use or has there been newer programmers developed ?

What do ye all use for recording field information?

Is Teagasc e-crop still the best one to use or has there been newer programmers developed ?

tried the spreadsheet approach but just write it in a diary nowadays.
Can easily be transferred to a spreadsheet or Teagasc Ecrop at the end of year for working out margins.

In terms of fertiliser, I create a plan on a spreadsheet at the start of the year, bearing in mind what each crop and field needs in terms of N, P & K.
I then purchase fertilizer to fulfill this plan.

I have all our 2020 fertilizer bought since September based on the plan (most of the crop plan should be intact despite the difficult planting weather).

Having each parcel on the spreadsheet allows me to keep an eye to ensure that we have up to date soil tests for each parcel.

Still using the original version of Teagasc Ecrops, designed by Lily Mulhall.

Have a page in a notebook for each field for both grass and tillage for the fert. Always in the tractor. Write the sprays into the spray book as I do it. Not a big area so its fairly simple.

Started using Kingswood tillage app this year, found it very easy. Have tried a few over the years and they never worked out but I seemed to stick with this one.

I just take notes in a diary I use for the farm and then transfer it all onto the e crops spread sheet then for record keeping

Fer
I just take notes in a diary I use for the farm and then transfer it all onto the e crops spread sheet then for record keeping
Similar here, but I just leave the book and pen on spraying/fert tractor for the season, transfer it over every so often. Id record litres of water used in fields it helps to get spray coverage as accurate as possible. (No rate control on sprayer so hilly fields make a difference especially with trailed sprayer)

Home made spreadsheet here and transfer into ecrop a few times a year. I find it handy like @CORK to do the entire Fert plan and buy at once. Also prep one for spraying on the day I get crop advice. Print and laminate to have on the tractor while spreading or spraying to make sure my rates are correct in each field.
I can summarise all input costs etc with simple formulas to compare from year to year.

Was given an opportunity to try out this Lemken probe.

It gives things like Relative humidity, soil and crop level temperature,

it gives a forecast based on a number of internet forecasts.

they have a newer version that records rainfall.

Data is displayed on my phone.

37139D5D-6AE4-4153-B11A-5424D82CD4F0.jpeg

View attachment 75005
Wonder would it work in my field !!!!

View attachment 75005

Make sure you remember it’s there when your spraying that field:whistle:

View attachment 75005

New 5f Lemken plough, you'll have Mr P in the Journal jealous yet....

Back