Remote switching of yard lights

What current are they rated for?
1.67amps at 12v
282FEBB2-97B8-447E-B72F-3112CB358B34.png B3174EF6-1102-47EA-991D-AA2AE20962AC.png

Rtu5024 uses up to 0.8 amp at startup 12v and recommended ps minimum is 12v/1amp
Very good I’ll get 2 off ya so, spare one would be handy to have.
Give me a pm we can organize payment and delivery.

What would be the best type of SIM card for these units?
Is there any network doing a SIM card that will work on these units where the credit will not expire?
Does it even need credit or does it just need an active number?

Last edited:
Right so I got a sim today for the rtu5024 unit, connected up my 12v psu and inserted sim.
After about 2 minutes of flashing the psu stops sending 12v to the unit, if I unplug the psu from mains and wait a few minutes it restarts again.
I have tried this with 3 different 12v power supplies, so I'm thinking the rtu unit must be shorting on the circuit somewhere and is faulty, anyone have any ideas?
thanks.

Does sound like faulty component on the rtu unit. I’m surprised the psu handled it so cleanly though. If there was a short on the rtu I’d expect to see smoke is anything getting hot?

Does sound like faulty component on the rtu unit. I’m surprised the psu handled it so cleanly though. If there was a short on the rtu I’d expect to see smoke is anything getting hot?
No smoke or heat, also I put it on the multimeter to check amp draw and it looked all ok until it just shut off.
And the psu recovers after being powered off and on every time.
Bit sickened now that it wont work..

Are you sure the unit isnt just going into sleep mode? Can you try it on a battery? But be watching for heat if there is a short. When you say psu shuts down is it amps to zero or volts to zero?

Psu is switching to 0 volts, dc ok light also goes out.
Ya I'm thinking thats what I'll try next the battery, I'll put an inline fuse on it to be on the safe side.

Also what type was the 3rd psu and did it exhibit the exact same behaviour?
No I'm just powering up the rtu unit, trying to get that to switch first, Ive a contactor that I will use to then switch on the lights.
Its a 240v ac to 13.8 volt dc 2 amp transformer unit, plug into socket and theres 2 thumb screw connections for the dc supply.

Back