Rent a trailer

f140

Anyone know of any crowd who rents out trailers in cork? Something like a 10ft x 5ft flatbed. Looking at an almost brand new Kuhn mulcher up the country but don't have a suitable trailer to haul it down. Don't want to borrow any ones thing as any local trailers are dicey with either no lights, poor tyres etc. Just wondering if he have recommendations of where I could rent a well kept trailer for a day or two from some hire place. I know I could get it delivered but I need to go up and check it over anyway so might as well take the trailer with me.

Scott's tools used do them,had a lovely flatbed off them, but more than ten years ago now

Anyone know of any crowd who rents out trailers in cork? Something like a 10ft x 5ft flatbed. Looking at an almost brand new Kuhn mulcher up the country but don't have a suitable trailer to haul it down. Don't want to borrow any ones thing as any local trailers are dicey with either no lights, poor tyres etc. Just wondering if he have recommendations of where I could rent a well kept trailer for a day or two from some hire place. I know I could get it delivered but I need to go up and check it over anyway so might as well take the trailer with me.
A few things to keep in mind:

(1) That size trailer will be twin axle so will need a 4 X 4 to legally tow.
(2) You will need the trailer extension (BE) on your trailer licence.
(3) You will need to ensure that you have insurance cover to tow that size trailer.
(4) You will need to keep an eye on your overall weight that it does not exceed 3500 KG ( jeep + trailer + load).

It might be safer to get some haulage company to transport it for you.

Your man in Louth on donedeal ads bought a tractor from north for me .
A1 top drawer and not over priced and he shifts some amount of gear

A few things to keep in mind:

(1) That size trailer will be twin axle so will need a 4 X 4 to legally tow.
(2) You will need the trailer extension (BE) on your trailer licence.
(3) You will need to ensure that you have insurance cover to tow that size trailer.
(4) You will need to keep an eye on your overall weight that it does not exceed 3500 KG ( jeep + trailer + load).

It might be safer to get some haulage company to transport it for you.
I am open to correction, but I dont think you are fully correct here

'(1) That size trailer will be twin axle so will need a 4 X 4 to legally tow.'
Not the case, legally the OP can tow whatever weight his towing vehicle is plated for. (subject to licence) 4x4, or twin axle has nothing to with it. Anything over 750kg will need trailer brakes though.

'(2) You will need the trailer extension (BE) on your trailer licence.'
Yes, unless his overall weight (EG Caddy van, Trailer and Mulcher) is under 3500kg and towing vehicle is plated to tow the trailer/mulcher weight.

'(4) You will need to keep an eye on your overall weight that it does not exceed 3500 KG ( jeep + trailer + load).' Only if he does not have the BE licence, and has to stick to my Caddy example above.

On point 2 above, for licence regulations the weights are based on the design gross weight of the towing vehicle and or the trailer for the limits, it’s irrespective of whether it’s empty or not for trailers with a dgvw between 750-3500kgs

2F6C1231-DADC-424E-8728-03EB84A74B87.png

Last edited:
That wouldn't happen to be a VKM Mulcher would it?, and you wouldn't happen to be lookin to mulch rushes with it?
And it wouldn't happen to have 5" odd wide flails on it?

isit yours?
No, not unless they kept it in storage for the last 6 yrs, but when they sold it again I'm sure it would have been described in a very similar way for it wouldn't mulch rushes in a fit.
Brand new machine, super sharp flails but no good at all, only used it for an hour or two trying to get it to cut them, total disaster.
I'm kind of thinking that's why the OP is looking at such a mint one, original owner may have had the same experience..

Last edited:
That wouldn't happen to be a VKM Mulcher would it?, and you wouldn't happen to be lookin to mulch rushes with it?
And it wouldn't happen to have 5" odd wide flails on it?

I've a vkm280 here since 06. Done fair amount of rushes and bird cover etc. The only thing that let's it down is it can struggle to chop the bit the tractor wheel runs on.

Back