repair collar for sewer pipe

It should do the job fine.

For non pressurised pipes (ie sewer pipes) we used to file the stop rim from an ordinary straight pipe fitting which allowed you to push the fitting further up on one pipe and then back to catch the other. Iykwim. It would be a cheaper solution to what you linked above.

Last edited:
It should do the job fine.

For non pressurised pipes (ie sewer pipes) we used to file the stop rim from an ordinary straight pipe fitting which allowed you to push the fitting further up on one pipe and then back to catch the other. Iykwim. It would be a cheaper solution to what you linked above.
You can actually get repair collars for that job. They’re identical to look at as a straight joiner just with no lip so will slide straight up over the pipe.
Regarding @indecisive sort ’s question, I believe that has 2 different sized ends on it. Do you want to join 2 different sized pipes or just repair a broken pipe of the same size?

You can actually get repair collars for that job. They’re identical to look at as a straight joiner just with no lip so will slide straight up over the pipe.
Regarding @indecisive sort ’s question, I believe that has 2 different sized ends on it. Do you want to join 2 different sized pipes or just repair a broken pipe of the same size?

its difficult to fit a regular repair collar when you are trying to bridge two pipes that are already set in ground each side

anyone ever use these from Screwfix ?

Those are to connect old ceramic pipes to plastic. Used some on a project once. Did the job.

What are you wanting to do?

Cut out a section of pipe maybe 2ft long drop in a new length of pipe with 2 repair collars on it slide them over the old pipe . Or dig around the broken pipe wrap in fertilizer bags couple of shovels of dry mix job`s a goodun ,:ohmy: . I`v done both mentioned and water is flowing through both .

Those are to connect old ceramic pipes to plastic. Used some on a project once. Did the job.

What are you wanting to do?

need to bridge what is now two pipes , one is set in concrete a few feet back , other buried in earth a few feet back so not like i have any play in the pipe bar moving up and down , hence the difficulty manuvering the repair collar on to the second pipe , easy to do it with the first pipe but connecting is the tricky bit when you cant move pipe back a bit and then forward to meet the repair collar

Reactions: AYF
You need two repair collars and a section of new pipe for that job.

I have two repair collars and a section of new pipe , the new pipe ( Part B ) is for bridging pipe A and pipe C , problem is pipe A and C are set in ground bar the bit i cleaned away with the shovel , you need to get get pipe A and Pipe C up into the collars and you cant do that without being able to move them which you cant

probably just use the mini digger i am hiring in a week ( for another job ) to strip back the clay on one side to the end of the pipe

Last edited:
I have two repair collars and a section of new pipe , the new pipe ( Part B ) is for bridging pipe A and pipe C , problem is pipe A and C are set in ground bar the bit i cleaned away with the shovel , you need to get get pipe A and Pipe B up into the collars and you cant do that without being able to move them which you cant

probably just use the mini digger i am hiring in a week ( for another job ) to strip back the clay on one side to the end of the pipe
Sliding collar on each end of part B which is cut to length to fit between A and C, good smear of washing up liquid on A and C and run the collars outwards.

Sliding collar on each end of part B which is cut to length to fit between A and C, good smear of washing up liquid on A and C and run the collars outwards.

I cant move existing pipes A and C forward or back in order to allow a successful bridging of the two , I can of course fit piece B easily onto one of the pipes but then im in trouble

the screwfix connector in the attachment above looks easier fitted on the youtube video i saw , normally id just use regular orange waving repair collar but both pipes that need bridging are firmly set in either a wall or earth bar the few feet i cleaned away

I cant move existing pipes A and C forward or back in order to allow a successful bridging of the two , I can of course fit piece B easily onto one of the pipes but then im in trouble

the screwfix connector in the attachment above looks easier fitted on the youtube video i saw , normally id just use regular orange waving repair collar but both pipes that need bridging are firmly set in either a wall or earth bar the few feet i cleaned away
You don't need to move A or C.

Put a decent chamfer on the two fixed pipes and on the repair section with a grinder then cover the ends in a nice bit of washing liquid put the waving repair joiners up on the two fixed bits and pry them into the repair bit with a spade the lube is the key your be at nothing without it

go to 1:34,
put your two collars on pipe B, put it into place and slide them over pipe A and C

Once you have about 3 inches of pipes A and C exposed neither has to move at all. Pipe B and both collars do the moving.

Are the pipes lining up in a straight line?

You'll want bends to suit and repair collar. What your looking at above is for joining different pipe diameters in a straight line

ah well I mean its not a perfect 180 degree straight line , its doable to keep it straight , It was straight before it was broken

Easy put a tiny bend on the short piece of pipe your using to fix the join using a little heat. Also the join on one side will allow a bit more flexibility

Reactions: AYF
Back