Repair or Write off?

scoffcruddle

Krone mower bed.

9F1F1786-C0A7-48F6-A873-A1B398E6C3D4.jpeg
It’s weakened having 10 bolts hold the bearing for the disc.D27D2757-4B9D-44A4-A167-BEC435A91A8C.png
This bed was new and has only done 4 seasons,hasn’t hit anything as I’m the only driver of this one because I run it with the front mower.
Amt5000 so two 8’ beds,I wouldn’t mind but the bed cost £3500 and the 1st bed is still original.

That'll buff out!😂

10 bolts sounds a bit much tbh, or should have been spread out better!

Is the bed in sections? As in can a bit be replaced or is it all or nothing?

Could a square out of a scrapper be welded in?

Krone mower bed.

View attachment 90841
It’s weakened having 10 bolts hold the bearing for the disc.View attachment 90842
This bed was new and has only done 4 seasons,hasn’t hit anything as I’m the only driver of this one because I run it with the front mower.
Amt5000 so two 8’ beds,I wouldn’t mind but the bed cost £3500 and the 1st bed is still original.
I'd repair it, after all you have nothing to lose with it now.

didnt think the bed had all 10 holes used, think the most i have seen used on our mower is 8, or maybe 7, 3 on one side and 4/5 the other, be a chance of it just being a duff bed, have worked with3 here and rebuilt the 4th last year, never had that yet

That'll buff out!😂

10 bolts sounds a bit much tbh, or should have been spread out better!

Is the bed in sections? As in can a bit be replaced or is it all or nothing?

Could a square out of a scrapper be welded in?
I only scrapped the old bed a few years back....
didnt think the bed had all 10 holes used, think the most i have seen used on our mower is 8, or maybe 7, 3 on one side and 4/5 the other, be a chance of it just being a duff bed, have worked with3 here and rebuilt the 4th last year, never had that yet
End one have 10,others only use 7 on the 5000.8C18E9E8-E5E3-4E23-B046-CE45243623AA.png

I'd repair it, after all you have nothing to lose with it now.
Thinking I’d need to cut a square out the underside so I can weld it on both sides,this would then mean the underside would only be welded on one side but a bigger area not weakened by hole etc.

Thinking I’d need to cut a square out the underside so I can weld it on both sides,this would then mean the underside would only be welded on one side but a bigger area not weakened by hole etc.
Think i'd make a new piece with the studs welded in then V join and weld from the top.

Krone mower bed.

View attachment 90841
It’s weakened having 10 bolts hold the bearing for the disc.View attachment 90842
Is that an end disc ? and have you any idea why it came up out the bad.

I had a disc come up out of a kverneland ,outside disc 4 m10 bolts holding it down .
It had a "bucket" on top.
Anyhow the top cover came off the bucket. It filled up inside with grass , making it about 3 times it's normal weight That's what put it out of balance and caused the disc to leave the bed.
I cut a square out of a scrap bed and welded it into mine. Edges beveled mig welded, all done from the top, 10 years on still mowing. Not too difficult, just get the right degree of mesh of the gears and keep debris (snots of weld, chips of metal) out of the bed

I had a disc come up out of a kverneland ,outside disc 4 m10 bolts holding it down .
It had a "bucket" on top.
Anyhow the top cover came off the bucket. It filled up inside with grass , making it about 3 times it's normal weight That's what put it out of balance and caused the disc to leave the bed.
I cut a square out of a scrap bed and welded it into mine. Edges beveled mig welded, all done from the top, 10 years on still mowing. Not too difficult, just get the right degree of mesh of the gears and keep debris (snots of weld, chips of metal) out of the bed
I think you’ve pointed out what’s wrong with mine,no lid on the top hat! 😭

Back