Repairing printed circuit board

jthomsonagri

Has anyone any experience using this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Repair-Kit-fo...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad7a2e1d1

Having sold my round baler to dealer in px for new one, I hitched it up today to move it from the back of the shed, plugged in the control box and nothing :angry: On further investigation it turns out there is a little break in the flexi pcb in the box. If I hold some foil over the break everything is ok and working. So is this stuff any good? If I send the box away all they will do is repair the break probably with something similiar as it can't be soldered as its printed on flexible thin plastic film

ive used something similar for the heated rear window in my car

could you follow the tracks and solder a samll piece of wire onto the bits where it connects to something else

No because the whole board is made of thin plastic with little touch buttons mounted over the top. There are no solder joints in there :confused1:

silver paint it is then:thumbup1:

worked ok in my car
if possible mask off each side,didnt do that in my car and it looks untidy

How did you get on with it? Was it quite messy? The traces are quite narrow so won't be that easy to join :angry:

Sounds like a steady hand required. Its gonna be interesting :laugh:
use a toothpick to put the paint on
wink.gif

should have done that in my car but it was awkward to turn the car upsidedown:whistling::whistling:

just be carefull ya dont fry it.
dont get me wrong, id try anything too, but
id send it off to this man

ya could give him a call to see what it would cost roughly, ya have the time now,
it ill be a costly repair if it gives up the day ya really need her.

just my 2p.

just be carefull ya dont fry it.
dont get me wrong, id try anything too, but
id send it off to this man

ya could give him a call to see what it would cost roughly, ya have the time now,
it ill be a costly repair if it gives up the day ya really need her.

just my 2p.
he's selling it,only got to work to go down the road:whistling:

aha, missed that,
silver paint it is:thumbup:

as long as he sold it with a taillight warranty.:laugh:

The dealer is aware that I was having trouble with the box but it was only an intermitent fault. Now its permanent so I feel obliged to sort it as I did the deal with him on the understanding it was a small intermitent fault. I don't want to spend money on it at all really but my consciense won't let me drop it off to him like it is :no:

Those strips that carry the electrics are indeed very difficult to repair .
I like the look of that repair stuff ,but cant say if its good or not .
One thing to look out for with p c b's ,are dry joints , or in other words places were the solder has cracked or dropped out of the componenet legs .
Had a Contax Mower cheap ,but the cutters would not engage ,so taking the board off ,and tracing the circuit runs to the solenoid that fires up the drive belt , with the aid of an overhead lamp and a magnifying glass ,one of the connection plug legs , looked like it might have a dry joint ,so banged the multimeter on resistance either side of the joints and it was high ,indicating all not well .
Cleaned it up ,and soldered it carefully ,and bobs your auntie ! Saved me £200
Had a Kvernelnd bale wrapper box that had similar issues to what you describe , it ended up going to David King

Back