Replacement airseat

mixedbag

Hi lads,

Seat in my mxm120 is knackered. Was never right since I bought tractor second hand so dealer is talking about replacing base (it's a newholland/Sears seat). They are also talking about the option of fitting a new seat and me paying the difference. This would probably be my preference.

If going for a new seat, what would people be recommending? I was on to jmc parts to get an idea of prices, they were recommending a grammar maximo comfort plus (700+vat), plus another 120 if I want swivel, or a maximo dynamic for 1100+vat.

Anyone any experience of these seats, or other options? Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Hi lads,

Seat in my mxm120 is knackered. Was never right since I bought tractor second hand so dealer is talking about replacing base (it's a newholland/Sears seat). They are also talking about the option of fitting a new seat and me paying the difference. This would probably be my preference.

If going for a new seat, what would people be recommending? I was on to jmc parts to get an idea of prices, they were recommending a grammar maximo comfort plus (700+vat), plus another 120 if I want swivel, or a maximo dynamic for 1100+vat.

Anyone any experience of these seats, or other options? Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

NH dealers had TM seats on offer .http://www.wrshaw.ie/products/deluxe-sears-tractor-air-seat , long way back from €700.

Tell dealer to give you what they value the base at, and phone this firm:
http://www.drivers-seats.com/
Think it was Andrew i dealt with, genuine sound lads, told them the model number on my Grammair seat and he just said "oh yeah that's got the auto height and anti this and pro this and that Take those off the spec, you won't be any the wiser that they were ever there, and seat comes down £200!"

Dealer was trying to sell the base to me for £670+ Vat
They got me same base, but different coloured handles (gray instead of JD beige) No auto weight adjuster (always made seat too hard for me anyway) and no ultra low frequency vibration filter (which is nothing more than a gimmic to help sell seats) for £470 inc VAT and transport!

Wouldn't be any the wiser it isn't genuine JD seat, and that it hasn't the extras.

Tell dealer to give you what they value the base at, and phone this firm:
http://www.drivers-seats.com/
Think it was Andrew i dealt with, genuine sound lads, told them the model number on my Grammair seat and he just said "oh yeah that's got the auto height and anti this and pro this and that Take those off the spec, you won't be any the wiser that they were ever there, and seat comes down £200!"

Dealer was trying to sell the base to me for £670+ Vat
They got me same base, but different coloured handles (gray instead of JD beige) No auto weight adjuster (always made seat too hard for me anyway) and no ultra low frequency vibration filter (which is nothing more than a gimmic to help sell seats) for £470 inc VAT and transport!

Wouldn't be any the wiser it isn't genuine JD seat, and that it hasn't the extras.

that seems very cheap. wat model jd was it for?

Try WW Doherty in Adare. They are the Irish Kab Seating importers. The main seats guy there is Gerard 087-2920204.

that seems very cheap. wat model jd was it for?

6620, just the base I should add, old seat and swivel went on top, good as new now.
Manufacturers add things on to make them sound better than the rest, most of them are gimmicks.

One thing was that holes didn't match for bottom of the base, but that's because JD are A~#e holes and have their own bases made by Grammair, two holes with the drill solved it in no time!

Keep in mind it was £ not Euros.

Seems they are a main dealer and shift a heck of a lot of seats.

Hi lads,

Is it "your" tractor ? Does your arse sit In said seat for many hours ?? If so get the best you can afford,, if you do a lot of work that involves looking over your shoulder , you back and neck will thank you for having the swivel option,,

Bloke I know here lifts a lot of spuds as in about 6-8 weeks worth amongst other things,, his seat died last autumn, 2 days into the spud harvest, he spent 2 days sat on a seat blocked up with wood,,, TBF his boss was excellent, he had a fitter out with a like for like seat from a T6070, on the 2nd night fitted job done, didn't even ask them a price just rang and said, "make it so" :thumbup::thumbup:

Is it "your" tractor ? Does your arse sit In said seat for many hours ?? If so get the best you can afford,, if you do a lot of work that involves looking over your shoulder , you back and neck will thank you for having the swivel option,,

Bloke I know here lifts a lot of spuds as in about 6-8 weeks worth amongst other things,, his seat died last autumn, 2 days into the spud harvest, he spent 2 days sat on a seat blocked up with wood,,, TBF his boss was excellent, he had a fitter out with a like for like seat from a T6070, on the 2nd night fitted job done, didn't even ask them a price just rang and said, "make it so" :thumbup::thumbup:

It's my tractor, and I'm the only one that ever drives it. Don't do big hours in the seat, as have a day job too, but do like my comfort:yes:

That looks very good value, exact same as the seat that's in it at the moment!

Well it'll plug straight in, no messing with different bases or wiring looms and away you go. Good value alright when you consider the spec, loads of adjustment in position and damping rate, fore and aft damping, rotating etc.:thumbup:

Well it'll plug straight in, no messing with different bases or wiring looms and away you go. Good value alright when you consider the spec, loads of adjustment in position and damping rate, fore and aft damping, rotating etc.:thumbup:

Wounded will it be a straight fit into a tsa new holland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some reckon the Sears will outlive a Grammer by some margin
ive read forums before where lads said the grammer done only about 4k hours where the sears done 8k hours in the same application.
altho some of the testing crowds would say a tractor seat is near shagged at anything over 5k hours anyways.
and in fairness ive sat on a test rig where there was two seats the same, only difference was one had done 4k hours and the other was new, i couldn't believe the difference in the two when i sat on them.

ive heard lads say you would sit on a grammer and sit in a sears...
if i was going to buy a seat again, id give the sears some serious consideration tbh, i dont hear too many giving out about them but i know little more than that about them.

Dunno anything about Sears but Grammar are miles ahead of any I' ve tried for comfort .
Made the mistake once of buying a very good spec seat once (cant remember make) at a dealer open day at a good special offer price. Sat in it for 5 mins all seemed ok but once in the tractor it became quite uncomfortable after about 30 mins. Had to remove it as I just couldnt use it for any duration . Back to Grammar after that and never again buy without serious test any other make.

If it costs €1000 ex vat and lasts for 4000 hours , thats 25 cent /hour which in my book is fine.

That is a dam good price. My own seat getting f**ked to

Just thinking on this [MENTION=4262]Danielk[/MENTION] if the cushions etc are still in good shape just replace the base unit, should be able to get one from JMC parts, I know my own TSA is getting a bit rough and it's mostly down to wear in the suspension unit and failing dampers.

Just thinking on this [MENTION=4262]Danielk[/MENTION] if the cushions etc are still in good shape just replace the base unit, should be able to get one from JMC parts, I know my own TSA is getting a bit rough and it's mostly down to wear in the suspension unit and failing dampers.

The seat isn't to bad but as you say most of the wear is in the base. Was driving a tsa last week for a farmer who had got a new seat and it really made me see the difference. If that one in the link worked I be tempted as to buy a base alone be nearly the same price.

Also see a second hand seat on donedeal out of a tm in tipp. so guessing someone has gotten them selfs a new one.

The seat isn't to bad but as you say most of the wear is in the base. Was driving a tsa last week for a farmer who had got a new seat and it really made me see the difference. If that one in the link worked I be tempted as to buy a base alone be nearly the same price.

Also see a second hand seat on donedeal out of a tm in tipp. so guessing someone has gotten them selfs a new one.

You might have problems doing that, the one in the link is a Sears, TSA is a Grammer and the righthand armrest would have to be swapped, with a new grammer base under your existing seat it would be as good suspension wise as a new seat and a much simpler guaranteed fit.

Is the wiring connection the same on Sears and Grammer seats or would there be a bit of hassle changing my existing sears seat for a grammer?

Dealer is meant to be coming back to me with prices tomorrow

You might have problems doing that, the one in the link is a Sears, TSA is a Grammer and the righthand armrest would have to be swapped, with a new grammer base under your existing seat it would be as good suspension wise as a new seat and a much simpler guaranteed fit.

May look into a base but looking on line the base ain't cheap

Is the wiring connection the same on Sears and Grammer seats or would there be a bit of hassle changing my existing sears seat for a grammer?

Dealer is meant to be coming back to me with prices tomorrow
If its just a connection for the compressor there should be no problem, presume it's the MXM and if so it'll be hard to beat Shaws offer.
May look into a base but looking on line the base ain't cheap

Have you tried JMC parts.

So just to update,

Purchased the seat in the link [MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION] put up.

By far the best value I could find. Was quoted over 800+vat by one place for the same seat! Interestly shaws quoted 580+vat as best price over phone, and I couldn't find the seat going through the website, so very happy with the link from spanner

Seat arrived yesterday, 5euro for courier delivery. Fitted in tractor now and I'm delighted. As [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] had said the difference between a new and used seat is amazing. Old one was far worse than I had realised.

Back