Reseeding

In theory, with the coated seed you get a higher establishment rate per seed, but you have less seeds per kg so in reality I don’t think you end up much better off. Similar story with clover seed. It does make the seeds easier to spread though

In theory, with the coated seed you get a higher establishment rate per seed, but you have less seeds per kg so in reality I don’t think you end up much better off. Similar story with clover seed. It does make the seeds easier to spread though
that a very important point

10 kgs of the coated seed might only result in 8kgs of actual seed (i dont have an ideal of this figure but there has to be less seed

With coated clover seed u only have half the number of seeds per kg.
I sowed coated grass seed once 7yrs ago.
Nobody mentioned it since and I don't know how it performed

that a very important point

10 kgs of the coated seed might only result in 8kgs of actual seed (i dont have an ideal of this figure but there has to be less seed
Its made for broadcasting rather than stitching in or dd. That's why its coated. The coat also protects the seed in dry weather. Approx half of the weight of a seed pack is the coat. That's why an acre pack for overseeing is 12 to 14 kg whereas you would normally only use 6 to 7 kg of uncoated seed.

Its made for broadcasting rather than stitching in or dd. That's why its coated. The coat also protects the seed in dry weather. Approx half of the weight of a seed pack is the coat. That's why an acre pack for overseeing is 12 to 14 kg whereas you would normally only use 6 to 7 kg of uncoated seed.

sounds like a serious money spinner for seed company.
Give me double the grass seed for the same price and I would think my chances would be much higher

I dont think broadcasting would be a good option for overseeding, unless you are happy getting cattle grazing down to the earth. mixing seed with your slurry and applying with trailing shoe maybe an option, but im not a fan of a little surviving in that envirnoment. worth a trial

Think it might be worth trying one bag but that's all I can't see it being a success.
Its hard beat tilling ground and getting your pH and fert levels right.

Back