Restoration/ Refurbs

You're like myself, that would just about be all the sporting trivia I'd know, I'd only know that from talking to Paddy when I'd meet him on the road:scooter:
martin o connell would have been my second guess, i knew liam harnan was a farmer as well as martin so i went with him, i loved that meath team and the way the put it up to the dubs, its on my bucket list to call into mick lyons in his hardware shop and buy a vice grip :clap: i,d say mick wouldn,t be great at the small talk though

martin o connell would have been my second guess, i knew liam harnan was a farmer as well as martin so i went with him, i loved that meath team and the way the put it up to the dubs, its on my bucket list to call into mick lyons in his hardware shop and buy a vice grip :clap: i,d say mick wouldn,t be great at the small talk though
Well I know Martins a butcher now, can't remember where, I'd only see him the odd time when I'd be down with his father. I'm telling you, we're made of something different in this part of Meath. His father was driving a coal truck and delivering coal on his own up until he was 88. When I went down to do the pump on the tractor there he was splitting sticks in the yard. There's just no stopping him.

Try a bit of straw through it, see how she goes
I'm going to wait till it drys, there was a man that called the owner of that baler to come and bale some hay with it but he was busy and couldn't get down to it so yourman ended up cocking the hay and storing it in the shed, I'll go up tommorow if the weather is any better and try it there

Last edited:
I think I have the pricing sorted ot for it, anything under 100 bales is a euro a bale, for 100-200 its 0.80c a bale, from 200 on its 0.60c a bale. that's going of both my uncles old rates from 6 years ago. I'm wondering is that too little or too much?

I would have a minimum charge to turn up in the field too. ie €50 regardless how many bales you make, once at least 50 bales are on the clock you can move to the pricing you described. (€50 is just a random figure I picked!!)
I like that idea now, my uncles were just telling me the high prices for the smaller stuff because as you guys said you get alot of lads that only want hoors of gardens cut and you'd have nothing out of it, with the high prices it'll either deter them and if they are willing to pay you it'll pay well enough to keep at it. Either way I'll have plenty of jobs as the previous owner of the baler is putting all the lads that used to and still do call him for square bales on to me, he stopped there 3 years ago but he used to do an awful sight of baling with 165 for years. He's coming into his 80s so I suppose it's fair enough for him to retire, he's giving me a great help, from the discount price to the work to go with it and a boot load of parts for the baler. He's a gent.

Martin o Connell. One of only 2 Meath men with 3 all Ireland medals
He's a shocking humble man, I wouldn't follow football, I only found out he played for Meath till I seen an old photo of the Sam Maguire in my granny's living room,,I asked my grandfather as I thought it was a fake or something he picked up on his travels, he laughed and told me the whole story.

picked this up from the uncle the other day to put it going for him, she's not in bad nick for a yolk that spent the last 25 years buried under briars. She's well suited to the 135 but needs a bit of adjustment as it's set up for a 168. Also a bit of a blast from the past the 168 was tested on the wrapper
20220630_165453.jpgIMG-20220626-WA0000.jpg

Are those MF finger bars getting rare, I don't know much about them
Don't know, them 60s are the best of the lot, there's one up the road in far better nick thats had one owner from new, I'm going to buy it as my uncle understandably won't sell his, just have to try and get a hold of my neighbour, seen him last week but I just hadn't the time to stop and chat.

Back