Restoration/ Refurbs

Just a thread where I post some pictures and updates of some of the machines. I'm tidying.
can I ask you is the block and tackle a good job? Does it stay on the slant there on that beam you have it on? Im thinking it would be handy to have to lift engines out of tractors etc?

can I ask you is the block and tackle a good job? Does it stay on the slant there on that beam you have it on? Im thinking it would be handy to have to lift engines out of tractors etc?
Yeah it didn't move an inch lifting the cab off good and tight, have it held up with a sling. It's the only job for lifting cabs and off. Would want to reinforce the beams with some thing on our shed tho as I dont know would they hold the weight of an engine but all the same they might. Haven't tried lifting something that heavy yet. I think the best job is a seperate beam going across the shed with a rail on it so you can move what ever your lifting out of the way if needs be but it's still good enough just hanging from the beam, it doesn't move once it's hung good and tight.

Last edited:
Obviously we know who you are, @MeathMassey3, I decided to 'let you in' again to see how you go this time. What age are you now? 17?

Keep the pics coming, but please keep things real and honest. The posters on here can smell bullsh1t from miles away.
Thanks for another chance. Yes afraid so. I think I'll steer clear completley of giving advice and just stick to the pictures and projects. I'll just stick to getting advice rather than giving it as this place is a pretty good place for getting advice if not the only place hense why come back. Thanks. Should be no more trouble from me.:thumbup:

Just been offered a very odd tractor. Big toms 590. Only problem is your man has no log book. He bought it directly from big tom after asking his brother Willy who worked some dealership or stock yard (I think that's what he said his name was) would he know of a decent sized tractor and was told the brother is selling 590 that's only a few years old. Just thought it might be interesting to mention. Will get a few photos soon

Oh another thing. This 1135 has a heap of diesel getting into the sump somehow. Has had the injector pump and injectors completley 're done. Has had a new lift pump put in too. I have no clue what it is. The engine is running grand but after a few minutes of use diesel starts comming out the dipstick. I suspect liners and rings. Any ideas as to what it could be.:undecided:

Last edited:
Back