Restoration/ Refurbs

Seems a shame to scrap it for the sake of a head gasket. Would he consider selling it.
Probably. He's got 3600 on offer for scrap. It's cab is completley beyond repair and there's none anywhere at the minute. The right brake is sticking. Needs a new manifold and exhaust too. Hed have to spend 3 or 4 thousand to get it decent again and he's on about selling it after Anyway. Hed make around the same money now scrapping or selling it than he would fixing it up.

Last edited:
Did it ever make it's way back up to meath. Know a lad down the road who has an awful sight of them. Must be 4 or 5

The head gasket went on it . Parked up , when I bought @ZetorMan98 Ursus 385 .
The late great Richard Moynan bought it off me to break , came looking for the front casting to get an Mf 65R loader mobile .
No money changed hands . Exhaust manifold on the 50 was part of the trade.

The head gasket went on it . Parked up , when I bought @ZetorMan98 Ursus 385 .
The late great Richard Moynan bought it off me to break , came looking for the front casting to get an Mf 65R loader mobile .
No money changed hands . Exhaust manifold on the 50 was part of the trade.
Not so bad. Hard to know weather to scrap or repair sometimes.

May as Well start advertising as well because I seem to have better luck advertising online than word and mouth. Know a fella trying to sell a jcb 2d. A tidy original digger, had a new engine put in a few years ago. Has 2 new rear wheels, new pipes. Runs and drives well. Price and photos to arrive soon.

May as Well start advertising as well because I seem to have better luck advertising online than word and mouth. Know a fella trying to sell a jcb 2d. A tidy original digger, had a new engine put in a few years ago. Has 2 new rear wheels, new pipes. Runs and drives well. Price and photos to arrive soon.

A 2D would be rarer than rocking horse shite

A 2D would be rarer than rocking horse shite
Yeah. I thought it was some strange variant of a 3c when I first seen it. Had to look twice. The fellas grandfather bought it in the 80s to work on the farm feeding silage and work like that. It's tidy enough. Half thinking of buying it but can't justify it.

Back window arrived today for the 240. After discussing with the owner of the 590 the cost of putting a new head gasket in and getting the head skimmed and pressure tested he concluded it would be better to scrap it. Enquired with john on scrappage and he eagerly gave me a price of 3000 which I think is nearly too good too be true, wanted to collect it today and all. Any thoughts. Should a pull the arm off him and take it or look for more
View attachment 89858

Are they 16.9R34 on the back of the 590?
I'm looking for a good second hand pair.

Take the floor out of the cab and the lid off the gearbox.

Rubbing it in about a 590 cab,I sold a good one for £50 about 10 years ago.
This one I'm after getting now is actually tidy enough. The floor just needs to be welded. Has mutlipower and an assitor ram on the rear linkage. Has 4000 genuine hours too witht the seat looking fresh enough. Will be a good tractor to restore and work

A grill , an exhaust , ditch the loader, and decent paint would make that respectable. 785s and 885s would have been very popular tractors in this area.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. Loader would be more usefull and valuble on its own, to hard on the tractor its sitting on. Same here. Yards are littered with 784s and 885xls with loaders. Great tractor, has been sitting for the last year and a bit and 2 swings of the engine and she started. Needs a new friction disc and a bit of tidying.

Back