Reversing camera

[MENTION=4291]greenhorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=3098]laoisfarmer[/MENTION] Is the cable from the camera going straight to the screen . What i mean is when disconnecting the baler have you to disconnect from the screen or is there an option to be able to have a connection at the back of the cab .

[MENTION=4291]greenhorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=3098]laoisfarmer[/MENTION] Is the cable from the camera going straight to the screen . What i mean is when disconnecting the baler have you to disconnect from the screen or is there an option to be able to have a connection at the back of the cab .

theres actually two wires. one to power the camera (for the nightvision) and one to transmit to the screen. theres prob a two foot wire comin from screen which ya have to disconnect from alright.

theres actually two wires. one to power the camera (for the nightvision) and one to transmit to the screen. theres prob a two foot wire comin from screen which ya have to disconnect from alright.

Do you just connect the power wire for the camera at the same point where
you get the power for the monitor?

Ordered one of these cameras arrived the other day seems well built . One question did you wire the power supply for the camera back in to the screen or take a power supply from the baler lights .

Sent from my phone to your screen .

Ordered one of these cameras arrived the other day seems well built . One question did you wire the power supply for the camera back in to the screen or take a power supply from the baler lights .

Funny I ordered one too, I only got it this morning, so shall fit it this afternoon!!

Funny I ordered one too, I only got it this morning, so shall fit it this afternoon!!

Can't really beat them for the price . It's getting power to the camera that I'm wondering about . Don't want to have a heap of plugs to disconnect as baler does be on and off the tractor a good bit . So if it would work with power from the balers lights (can't see why it wouldn't ) it would be a lot less cables and plugs in the cab .

I had one on a tractor unit before and I just took the power from the lights alright it's not a problem. Only problem I had was the night vision wasn't great so fitted a set of work lamps back there as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i brought power from the d plug in cab. didnt want to have to have side lights on all day. ye seems good setup, a few 12 hour days use of it will test it

Went about fitting it yesterday evening have the the camera fitted and the cable routed to the front of the baler took the power supply to the front aswell . Waiting on a new tractor so will see how it will be wired when it come`s .
Temp wired it up to see what the picture would be like just took power from the 7 pin socket .There is slight interference in the picture when the tractor is running

Attachments

• IMG_0214[1].jpg
    IMG_0214[1].jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 93
Got mine done yesterday too, just came off the lights so sidelights be on when using it as I'd no 2core cable to wore it up! Happy enough with it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401023935.910361.jpg

Could you not run power through the 7th wire save having the side lights on all day? Know feeder tractor runs lights all the time and is always needing new bulbs

Who has one and where did they get it and what kind if money .......

Got one from a lad in Offally two years ago for the combine long cable and 7 inch monitor for 80 euro. Its still working fine but like some other poster said the colour can look funny sometimes but a great asset on a combine for both field and road

Zero grazer came with a wireless camera kit . Camera mounted on the back of the grazer powered by the side lights. Screen is mounted in one tractor. This morning grazer is on a different tractor still have screen in my tractor. So roughly 60/70 ft between both and still had perfect picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.JPG
    IMG_2046.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 94
Zero grazer came with a wireless camera kit . Camera mounted on the back of the grazer powered by the side lights. Screen is mounted in one tractor. This morning grazer is on a different tractor still have screen in my tractor. So roughly 60/70 ft between both and still had perfect picture.
Thats a great image. For some reason they havnt really taken off. Maybe its a cost issue.

Heard of this happening with two lorries, however one was reversing while looking at the image from the other resulting in a Ford focus getting smashed................

Thats a great image. For some reason they havnt really taken off. Maybe its a cost issue.
They are supposed to be not as reliable picture quality as wired.
I'd get a wireless one if I knew of a good one.
Very handy to be able to move it around to different machines or tractors without wiring.
I suppose you need power at both ends though?
Think I've seen small cameras with batteries in

Id doubt this one would be too dear . No branding / name on the box which would have you think its a cheap enough one .

Very handy to be able to move it around to different machines or tractors without wiring.
Cant say on reliabilty only a month old or say . What i like about it is no wire`s to be plugged in to the cab . Could mount camera`s on a few thing`s and power off the side light`s . The camera wire is prone to getting cut and if you`ve other lad`s pulling your trailer`s wiring does`nt get minded .

Last edited:
There's 2 different types of wireless camera. One uses an analogue signal which is prone to interference and poor picture, the other uses digital signal and is meant to be superior picture.

Back