roller doors

humungus

need to buy a roller door for the workshop 14 foot by 15 foot ,electric opening,what should i look out for as i,ve been told a flange motor is better than a tube motor but its also dearer so over to you lads now

better off with the mounted motor for a door of that size imo.
the tube motor is ok for smaller stuff alright, but thats a decent door.

Autoroller in Cork are good and are competitive too. I have one of their doors here and it's been no bother

I have auto roller doors too, only criticism is i have waited a week sometimes for a service call.

They will rattle in the wind and you will not get a wink of sleep. Second hand ones are a waste of time I have been told.

They will rattle in the wind and you will not get a wink of sleep. Second hand ones are a waste of time I have been told.

dairy farmers usually fix things in the workshop but if tillage farmers go for a sleep in there it might be a problem all right:whistle:

Just ressurecting this one lads, got a quote today of approx €1850+ VAT for a roller shutter door for a 20 foot opening with a height of 13 feet. Windlocks and all the other bits and bobs including fitting. Is this expensive or is it about right? Thanks

Just ressurecting this one lads, got a quote today of approx €1850+ VAT for a roller shutter door for a 20 foot opening with a height of 13 feet. Windlocks and all the other bits and bobs including fitting. Is this expensive or is it about right? Thanks

Doesnt sound bad, thats a fair size of a door.
If thats not from Autoroller in Cork, they are worth a try too.

Cheers Mike, I'll give them a shout so. It's from a guy in Thurles.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I got a quote from them of 4.92 wide by 5.11m high of 1850 plus vat aswell.
I think its good value

Would insulated add much to that price does anyone know?presume an insulated one would be quieter in the wind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds ok to me, when i looked at some for my workshop from a firm over here (lymers doors) they wanted 2100 GBP + vat each for 2x 15 foot wide by 17 foot high doors

last one i bought was a 16x13 electric with remote for €1300+v iirc.

the thickness of the slats is where they can cut corners to make a door look cheap.
20' is a good span, it id want to be a decent thickness in the slats but depends on if its sheltered or not in a way.

I'm going to ring around a few more for sure, as regards the thickness of the slats, what is normal and what would be considered strong? Any other questions I should be asking? No doubt I'll be an expert once we finally get it in, but at the moment I don't know a thing about them!

Back