Rough costs of a new shed.

I think I done a similar job to your suggesting. I had an open tank 50ft wide and put 2 walls down the middle of it to put slats on top of. Perimeter walls were in very good condition starting though
Yea ill need 2 walls down middle and put in new floor but would be more comfortable strengthening external walls as well. Just don't want ripping out walls if it was possible to shutter to them.

The tank is 9ft deep so was hoping to pour in to existing floor if possible.
In 05 we dug out a old slurry/dung pit. Fall was from front to back and was 9ft deep at back. Was done under grant. We left the walls in that were there. We had to do the walls in 9ft sections. It was awkward as hell. Dig the section out and try hope as little of the ground didn't fall in. Then pour a foundation and rebar the lot shutter up the section and pour. Was extra concert used but had no other option. Once all the sections were complete we dug it out. It now fall back to front and 10ft deep at lowest point. All the sections were sealed. At the top of the walls we were able to get a worley bolt through Inthe old wall to support the shutter.

Reactions: JH7
It is possible . Tie your steel for floor and walls pour new floor then you’ll have to pour center walls . And then use center walls to brace supports to single side shutter the outer walls . That’s how I believe they would do it . Problem you’ll have is getting someone to do it . Single sided shuttering is not simple and most Agri spec concrete men won’t bother with them . ( too much easier work out there at the minute )
Yea ill need 2 walls down middle and put in new floor but would be more comfortable strengthening external walls as well. Just don't want ripping out walls if it was possible to shutter to them.

Reactions: JH7
It is possible . Tie your steel for floor and walls pour new floor then you’ll have to pour center walls . And then use center walls to brace supports to single side shutter the outer walls . That’s how I believe they would do it . Problem you’ll have is getting someone to do it . Single sided shuttering is not simple and most Agri spec concrete men won’t bother with them . ( too much easier work out there at the minute )
single side shuttering i had collapse one day at 5ft, had it penned, kicker timbers, the works, concrete lifted the shutters 4". in future, i would bolt the shutters to the ground for safety

Got a tank done at home in a shed 2 yrs ago . Lad that done it would do one a year . Wouldn’t go looking to do them but wouldn’t turn them down . Propped the living daylights out of it . He said there’s no point trying to prop it when it’s gone .
single side shuttering i had collapse one day at 5ft, had it penned, kicker timbers, the works, concrete lifted the shutters 4". in future, i would bolt the shutters to the ground for safety

Attachments

• 94DDEFF3-3D91-416C-A817-3D5796A3A15A.png
    94DDEFF3-3D91-416C-A817-3D5796A3A15A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
Thanks, sounds like i have a big job on my hands
In 05 we dug out a old slurry/dung pit. Fall was from front to back and was 9ft deep at back. Was done under grant. We left the walls in that were there. We had to do the walls in 9ft sections. It was awkward as hell. Dig the section out and try hope as little of the ground didn't fall in. Then pour a foundation and rebar the lot shutter up the section and pour. Was extra concert used but had no other option. Once all the sections were complete we dug it out. It now fall back to front and 10ft deep at lowest point. All the sections were sealed. At the top of the walls we were able to get a worley bolt through Inthe old wall to support the shutter.

Is there any other alternative other than ripping down existing walls?

Would anyone have a rough idea of price for sliding doors for 20ft wide and approximately 17ft high or the same for a roller door but I'm not a fan of those.

I was working off a guide of 100 euro a foot for a roller door to be honest but with 20ft bays, I wouldn't be keen.
Went with a roller door here on a 20ft opening.
Very pleased with it.

It has wind latches and is north facing. It’s also an insulated door so a lot deader and more solid than a regular roller door.
That said, I’m not sure if I’d be too keen to have it facing south or south west in a storm as the stresses imposed would be big.

Went with a roller door here on a 20ft opening.
Very pleased with it.

It has wind latches and is north facing. It’s also an insulated door so a lot deader and more solid than a regular roller door.
That said, I’m not sure if I’d be too keen to have it facing south or south west in a storm as the stresses imposed would be big.

Be facing West North West and for the reasons you say is why I'm favouring sliding doors if I go that far.

Would anyone have a rough idea of price for sliding doors for 20ft wide and approximately 17ft high or the same for a roller door but I'm not a fan of those.
18 years ago I priced a pair of double sliding doors for the workshop, each door was 16’x16’ so 500sq ft roughly. Got them priced supply and fit for €3k, but I made and hung them myself afterwards for €1k.
Got 320sq ft of sliding doors made and fitted under TAMS last year, cost €4K.

Bit of a long shot here but it was referenced earlier in the thread. Anyone know if there is a calculation for minimum tank capacity for runoff from a straw bedded shed?

I know lads had various ideas of how to catch runoff and we are going to stick in a bit of a tank but just wondering if anyone knows what the official requirement is or is there any?

Hearing everywhere about price of steel, concrete going up but would love to know some figures.
Has anyone built/priced a 3/4 bay recently & happy to share a bit of a breakdown?
Is the TAMs grant useless now with the rise in price?

Hearing everywhere about price of steel, concrete going up but would love to know some figures.
Has anyone built/priced a 3/4 bay recently & happy to share a bit of a breakdown?
Is the TAMs grant useless now with the rise in price?
Local concrete guy is quoting €110 per m3, he was €80 last May (35N), says its some levy caused the increase, carbon levy maybe?

Back