Route 66

Car hire sorted today now too :thumbup1: just hotel for a few days in New York and Chicago to book now and thats it all sorted

Billy connolly has just done a series about driving route 66.
Don't know if you would have seen it over there.
Looks like its all on youtube if you want to look at it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i37ZsSPCNks"]Billy Connolly - Route 66 - Episode 1 of 4 - Part 1 of 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Knickam got it in one go, Dodge Charger booked for the hire car!! :thumbup1:

Choices were:

Chevrolet aveo
Ford Focus
Hyundai Sonata
Ford Fusion
Dodge Charger :thumbup:
Chevrolet Impala
Lincoln towncar

It was a bit of a no brainer.

Then into the people carrier and big jeeps, but no chance of Rosie driving one of them things, will have a tough enough time getting her to drive full stop :001_rolleyes:

Knickam got it in one go, Dodge Charger booked for the hire car!! :thumbup1:

Choices were:

Chevrolet aveo
Ford Focus
Hyundai Sonata
Ford Fusion
Dodge Charger :thumbup:
Chevrolet Impala
Lincoln towncar

It was a bit of a no brainer.

Then into the people carrier and big jeeps, but no chance of Rosie driving one of them things, will have a tough enough time getting her to drive full stop :001_rolleyes:

Watch out for the "or similar", last month Dollar car hire booked through car hire3000.com thought a focus was similar to the charger I thought we were getting ( 4 farmers, 2000 miles in 4 states on way to dairy EXPO).
We "upgraded" to a Ford crown Victoria & still couldn't keep up with the suburban we were touring with.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Yeah i asked about that and they have the charger down as a special request, also they stated that you cannot be downgraded in grops, ie go from a charger to a focus, you may be offered a different car within the same group, ie an impala or offered a higher group car but not be downgraded without permission.
It is National through carhire 3000, dollar were a bit cheaper with initial hire but there one way drop off fee was double that of national.

Paddy1001

Was lucky as the charger was an up grade as were the 2 chrysler 300's we had as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13
Yeah i asked about that and they have the charger down as a special request, also they stated that you cannot be downgraded in grops, ie go from a charger to a focus, you may be offered a different car within the same group, ie an impala or offered a higher group car but not be downgraded without permission.
It is National through carhire 3000, dollar were a bit cheaper with initial hire but there one way drop off fee was double that of national.

Paddy1001

Dollar regarded a focus as equivalent to a charger, we didn't think much of that idea, first impressions of the crown Victoria weren't much either but it did ok for 2000 miles, they did complain about the cow smell when we left it back, but we seem to have avoided a valeting charge.

Think it depends on location, Have used dollar loads of times and have been very good apart from Sanford, Florida. They were very pushy trying to get you to pay for extras and even tried to get me to pay extra for the the full size car I had booked. Turns out the passenger/luggage details on their sheets was different from the ones on the uk website. Luckily I had a a printout of the web page with the details so they had to back down on that. Did notice that quite a few people seemed to be having problems there.

Have been to the States a good few times now & it is a very good place to Holiday , Been on Route 66 in a few different states & there are lots of things to see along the way, Round Chicago is very nice, but so is Florida,Arizona, California ,Illinois,Kentucky,Louisiana to name a few & a round Los Angeles is one of the most bizarre place's to drive in the world with 9 lanes of tarffic & you can leave the freeway on the left & the right , We all way hire cars from Allmo as you get a free tank of fuel with there cars & you all ways get a up grade at the car rental depot free of charge

I was half thinking of going to Australia for a 3 week holiday in or around November what would this kind of holiday cost and is it worth seeing I haven't been before ..

here you go lads woooo hoooo

DSC03008.jpg

I see this in an old thread that popped up.

How os this working out @paddy1001. Was it worth the paper it was written on?

I was half thinking of going to Australia for a 3 week holiday in or around November what would this kind of holiday cost and is it worth seeing I haven't been before ..
I preferred new Zealand, but it depends what you want to see. You can go boozing with backpackers down the east coast.

Back