rugby world cup

kinda think got a bit too big for their shoes. last week some of their players were smiling and looked very smug during nz's haka. they got a bit too cocky in my books

South Africa got lucky when England lost there prop, killed them in the scrums and kicked there points. Might have been a different game if that hadn’t happened. England never got the bounce of ball al game compared to last week. South Africa played clever tactics and smothered the English game and gave away penalties in places where it didn’t matter to much, there defence was savage as well , very quick off the line and never gave the English line a chance to get going. The English back row were not at the same level they were last week.
Wanted to see England win in a way but also happy to see South Africa beat the st!te out of them !!!!!!

England had their final last week and couldn't hold the tempo whether be mentally or physically they looked drained. They would have easily won that match last week. It was an accomplishment in itself to wallop NZ in a semi.

Reactions: Paw
What was the story with almost everyone on the English team taking off their medals without delay /almost immediately ?

Watched it this morning. Very poor game entertainment wise. S.A. deserved it. Swap scrum halves, would have a big difference imo. Another Southern Hemisphere side wins:censored:

Well there’s plenty on here that can comment more authoritatively on sports than myself, but to the extent that it was almost universally done by all players suggests it some sort show of solidarity/collective action.

To anyone other than perhaps themselves it suggests they don’t deserve them to the extent that they are not proud to display the medals.

Terrible if that is the type they really are like, After the New Zealand match and such a brilliant match that was for England,

Well there’s plenty on here that can comment more authoritatively on sports than myself, but to the extent that it was almost universally done by all players suggests it some sort show of solidarity/collective action.

To anyone other than perhaps themselves it suggests they don’t deserve them to the extent that they are not proud to display the medals.

Terrible if that is the type they really are like, After the New Zealand match and such a brilliant match that was for England,
exactly
they played a blinder against the blacks,imo they peaked a game too early
look at the difference on the pitch after the wales/nz game to the saes/blacks

There were a few issues that the ref didn't deal with, Dan Cole was saying his opposite number wasn't binding correctly and SA were getting penalties on the back of it, the put ins to the SA scrums were almost into the second row and it was never checked and there was what looked to most observers a forward pass in the lead up to one SA try, I'm not saying SA weren't the better team just that these few things led to SA getting a decent gap in the scoreline. I thought coming out with exactly the same starting 15 as played against NZ was showing their hand a bit.

There were a few issues that the ref didn't deal with, Dan Cole was saying his opposite number wasn't binding correctly and SA were getting penalties on the back of it, the put ins to the SA scrums were almost into the second row and it was never checked and there was what looked to most observers a forward pass in the lead up to one SA try, I'm not saying SA weren't the better team just that these few things led to SA getting a decent gap in the scoreline. I thought coming out with exactly the same starting 15 as played against NZ was showing their hand a bit.
I commented on that to the missus during the game. Haven't played rugby since school (40 odd years ago) and if you didn't put in straight the scrum would be reset, do it twice and you'd give a penalty.

I commented on that to the missus during the game. Haven't played rugby since school (40 odd years ago) and if you didn't put in straight the scrum would be reset, do it twice and you'd give a penalty.
The whistle was only blown for this offence once in the tournament that I saw. It hasn't been on the radar officiating wise, all teams do it so not really an advantage for one team over another in a game. SA were so dominant in the scrum he could have fired it to the English hooker and they'd still have won it.

Cole wasnt helped by his scrum half having a disaster of a game and everyone on the team having a go at knocking it on.

I'd love to see the number of possessions tuilagi had in this game over the all black one. To me he hardly warmed his hands with it yesterday

Reactions: Paw
England seemed to sort the scrum issue when Joe Marler came on but it was too late in the game.

FB_IMG_1572796422211.jpg

Back