S/h Forever 110hp tractor and loader

Green Grass

I am looking out for a 110/120 hp tractor and loader for stockfarm about E35k budget .I am leaning away from nh and jd because of price .I wouls like a tractor with no more then 5k hoursI am thinking a landini vision 105 with quicke loader .Are these a comfortable tractor with air seat I have heard they are a bouncy tractor . I am thinking mccormick mtx120 would also fit the bill .I am ruling out zetor because I dont think they have power shuttle the other one would be claas arion that I have no clue about at all .Comfort would be the one of the main buying points with a s/l loader .what sort is the claas loader?
Mf 5465/70 look to be some value also in places or should these also be n nh /jd price range if in good condition.The nh range are definitely the tops but that big door and no windows is just not for me

I am looking out for a 110/120 hp tractor and loader for stockfarm about E35k budget .I am leaning away from nh and jd because of price .I wouls like a tractor with no more then 5k hoursI am thinking a landini vision 105 with quicke loader .Are these a comfortable tractor with air seat I have heard they are a bouncy tractor . I am thinking mccormick mtx120 would also fit the bill .I am ruling out zetor because I dont think they have power shuttle the other one would be claas arion that I have no clue about at all .Comfort would be the one of the main buying points with a s/l loader .what sort is the claas loader?
Mf 5465/70 look to be some value also in places or should these also be n nh /jd price range if in good condition.The nh range are definitely the tops but that big door and no windows is just not for me
The Claas loader is MX

If it's going to be a long term keeper then keep the electrics to a minimum. Power shuttle with a manual box and manual spools would be my thinking. Air con a must have and a decent seat. As for brand that's personal choice.

A mint TS115 would be my choice.
Getting a mint one with genuine sub 5000 hrs might be tricky now though.

That’s his 5470, it does all the feeding during the winter months too it’s kept busy

Attachments

• F3A36626-DF22-4353-B470-7A596B96CD19.jpeg
    F3A36626-DF22-4353-B470-7A596B96CD19.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 96
  • FAEA68E9-E12B-41AA-95C3-3FBE5285044B.jpeg
    FAEA68E9-E12B-41AA-95C3-3FBE5285044B.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 96
  • B72E20AE-70E9-4D7A-BD2A-9F26DABDED3F.jpeg
    B72E20AE-70E9-4D7A-BD2A-9F26DABDED3F.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 96
  • F271A666-215F-4A7A-88C2-1C453E040824.png
    F271A666-215F-4A7A-88C2-1C453E040824.png
    655.6 KB · Views: 95
What are the main tasks?

There is a huge difference between a Vision 105 and MTX120 hence the question.

Also is the budget plus VAT

I know all the tractors below are above budget or high hours, but I just think if going for a 110/20 hp "forever tractor" it would be better to go for a tractor from the heavier ranges

Something to put a loader on…
I was looking at the likes of those lately, think they’d be a nice handy yoke for around a yard, drove a few 6290’s briefly but always liked them since. May go do and win a few pound on the lotto or something first though 😂😂

I have a k100, a simple reliable yoke with a good few extras as standard. The only thing about it the turning circle is not the best

I went spreading dung for a farmer one day a few weeks ago and I ended up loading with a k120 with a loader. Was a great little tractor to load. Did notice the poor steering lock

It will be only putting up 200 or 300 hours a year at fert. slurry ,mowing etc .I have a feeling towards late noughties mccormick mtx or mc115 they seem scarce so next choice then would be looking lika at mf 5465/70 or the landini vision keeping my options open .The jd just seem too dear for me like I would be looking at a late 6420/30 with a loader could also looking out for a nh 5060/70

Was in same boat a few years back bought a 3070 Massey with loader and while tractor was ok apart from few fairly minor electrical niggles i never really felt it was great with the loader. We eventually changed for low hour 6270 and love it. Shuttle and closed centre hydraulics make for great experience. We put a loader on it although I sold the loader last year as bought a loading shovel. Something to bear in mind loader sale covered more than half of the price of dedicated loader and gives us more flexibility.

Neighbour here has a 6430 premium traded in with a loader . It has 11k hrs on it need`s tyres and front mudguard`s and a good tidy up . Been allowed E42k for it against a new one .
It will be only putting up 200 or 300 hours a year at fert. slurry ,mowing etc .I have a feeling towards late noughties mccormick mtx or mc115 they seem scarce so next choice then would be looking lika at mf 5465/70 or the landini vision keeping my options open .The jd just seem too dear for me like I would be looking at a late 6420/30 with a loader could also looking out for a nh 5060/70

Big difference between a vision 105 and a mf 5465 . Have a vision here at home albeit with a rossmore loader . Loader speed is slowed compared to other`s due to lower oil flow . They are a light tractor so yes can be bouncy . The one here does all you want it for bar slurry . But would handle a 1200g /1600g tank . Would pull a bale trailer a good bit with 15 / 18 bales on it during the summer here tip`s away at the job . Very reliable tractor . There basically a modern version of a mf 390 .
Had a 5465 in work (perkins engine) . One of the finest tractors to set foot in the yard . It spent all summer on a 10ft mower or drawing bales and all winter feeding cattle . Big step up from a vision . Couldn`t compare the tractors really . Been replaced with a 5475 that now has 12k hrs on it . And little to no issues in that time . (Sisu engine)
CLaas arion would be a step up from a 5465 . More in common with a 6480 same backend and john deere engine same as 6630 upwards .

Last edited:

Agree completely with massey6480, you are looking at 2 very different machines there.

A Vision, nh 5060 or a MF 5455, all similar enough. They will do what you want but if you upgrade any gear, will you be in trouble??? To be honest, for bang for Buck, and I know I'm.biased, I would take the Vision.

Other route, is a 5470, MTX or similar, latter is not the best for loader work if you were thinking that way. If yard work involved, is it tight but if no loader work, these could future proof things for you.

The MC115 are a great tractor IMV and sits between the two options.

Was in same boat a few years back bought a 3070 Massey with loader and while tractor was ok apart from few fairly minor electrical niggles i never really felt it was great with the loader. We eventually changed for low hour 6270 and love it. Shuttle and closed centre hydraulics make for great experience. We put a loader on it although I sold the loader last year as bought a loading shovel. Something to bear in mind loader sale covered more than half of the price of dedicated loader and gives us more flexibility.

Most industrial loaders are high houred and high priced from what I've seen, won't suit all.

Back