Scrap prices

Agri Power

€160-170/tn is a great motivator for getting rid of stuff. Had 8-10 old railwayline gate piers that were pulled up when we widened gaps etc over the years. Great weight in them.

Have 10-15 gates to sell too. Galvanize ones probably ranging from 10-17ft at a guess. No rungs missing. At least 3 big concrete water troughs too if any one is interested.

Must do a stocktake and put the whole lot on Donedeal.
I'd imagine you would do better putting the railway gate posts on dd if they are in good order. I reckon they would be demand for them.

MF30

€160-170/tn is a great motivator for getting rid of stuff. Had 8-10 old railwayline gate piers that were pulled up when we widened gaps etc over the years. Great weight in them.

Have 10-15 gates to sell too. Galvanize ones probably ranging from 10-17ft at a guess. No rungs missing. At least 3 big concrete water troughs too if any one is interested.

Railway line was €2/ft as gateposts, the gates would probably sell for €5/ft or more and water troughs were around €1/gallon. Just as a guideline.

C

Cork

I just think it would be a shame to scrap them if they could be used again!
I’ve bought and made piers in recent years, generally galvanize now.
I know what you mean.

Based on @MF30 price estimate, they should be worth more for scrap.
Say 8ft long at €2/ft is €16.

Easily 150kg in weight I’d say. That’s €25 at €170/tn.

Mf240

Your "Scrap " machinery would be better/ newer than the likes of what a lot of us work everyday .

Did you deliver that yourself, or was it collected from your yard?
If collected , they can tell you , that they are giving you €300 a ton because you won't have many tons , by their reckoning .
If a lad was to head off with a trailer of scrap , could it be classed as an essential journey? 🤔 . Wouldnt be much point if you got a heavy fine ..

Collected you could get them to weigh in and out at a local weighbride . Wouldn't believe the radio in their own lorry

Mf240

Those online auctions look to be a great way of selling yokes like that. Its amazing what lads buy at them.

C

Cork

Was there an old railway line going through your farm at some stage.
No, they used to be sold by the local coop (Imokilly, later part of Dairygold). The hay shed here has railway line pillars too. They used to erect sheds back in the day.

MF30

I’ve bought and made piers in recent years, generally galvanize now.
I know what you mean.

Based on @MF30 price estimate, they should be worth more for scrap.
Say 8ft long at €2/ft is €16.

Easily 150kg in weight I’d say. That’s €25 at €170/tn.
Are you weighing the ball of concrete at the bottom too! Thought they’d be lighter tbh.

MF30

Lol no, well definitely more than 100kg. It’s heavy stuff. Very dense.
I stood a few of them at a forestry lifting them by hand into the hole. The were heavy but were 4 inch wide at the back, there’s wider and heavier ones too which must be like yours. Great stuff that weetabix must be.

C

Cork

I stood a few of them at a forestry lifting them by hand into the hole. The were heavy but were 4 inch wide at the back, there’s wider and heavier ones too which must be like yours. Great stuff that weetabix must be.
These must be 6” on the wider side.

Funny stuff to weld, it metal can come away as a chunk.

Arthur

No, they used to be sold by the local coop (Imokilly, later part of Dairygold). The hay shed here has railway line pillars too. They used to erect sheds back in the day.
Hayshed here on railway rail, know a lad that uses similar as straining posts, as he says they will be there long after me..

C

Cork

Hayshed here on railway rail, know a lad that uses similar as straining posts, as he says they will be there long after me..
Yes, it’s a special kind of steel.

I know a man that had grain stored in one of the haybarns. He snapped one of the uprights with a Volvo L70.