Scrap prices

avent

Anyone have up to date prices for heavy scrap iron at the moment? I'm being quoted €80 per ton which I think is a bit low.

Anyone have up to date prices for heavy scrap iron at the moment? I'm being quoted €80 per ton which I think is a bit low.
Haven’t heard. I think @thefarminglad mentioned that steel was going up in the new year, that would probably effect scrap prices in time.

No idea what it is at the moment . Making £160-170 over the pond now .
It was €100 months ago near @PETER.
80 would be soft , even before this .

The transit driving minority were around last week looking for scrap for the first time ever, offering €200 for scrap cars. I offered them a length of pipe with a trigger on the end and a cartridge inside. Don't think they were expecting that.

They Must of been outside the 5km for exercise

€200 for scrap cars :ohmy: it wasn't so long ago all could be got from scrap men direct was 50 or 60.
Doubt they would have coughed up that much in reality, I’d say it was a nose around they were looking for with the promise of big money if they found more suitable stuff...that they could collect at their leisure...

The transit driving minority were around last week looking for scrap for the first time ever, offering €200 for scrap cars. I offered them a length of pipe with a trigger on the end and a cartridge inside. Don't think they were expecting that.
A neighbour caught some transit boys loading up from his scrap heap one day,they drove off down the lane away from him not realising it was a dead end,he was waiting when they came back up stood in the road with the shotgun😲,he made them unload his scrap then let them go on there way,he then rang the local police station to tell them what he’d done,he was only covering himself if they reported him,he never did hear anything and could really do with them back because he’s junk all over the place now.🤣

I hope they were not at the funeral a few days beforehand, all over the local paper here!!

I made a similar offer to members of that fraternity a few years ago. After they left I phoned in the number plate and a description of their yellow transit recovery truck to the guards. They told me that plate was a Navarra. I should have known it was a stolen plate being 03 on a pre-01 transit. They didn't even care whether the number plate they stole was a plausible year for what it was going on.

Rang local scrap metal place today. Mollys and asked price. they quoted me 130 euro a ton. I said i can get 170 euro else where and all of a sudden they could give that too.

Delivered or collected?

I'm assuming the former! Youd never get too rich with them anyway.

Rang local scrap metal place today. Mollys and asked price. they quoted me 130 euro a ton. I said i can get 170 euro else where and all of a sudden they could give that too.
Rang 3 today , first was 160 collected , second was 130 delivered and third started at 120 delivered and then said he would look after me at 150 delivered. First lad is coming Monday , I just need the father to go missing for half a day now 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

€200 for scrap cars :ohmy: it wasn't so long ago all could be got from scrap men direct was 50 or 60.
Rang 3 today , first was 160 collected , second was 130 delivered and third started at 120 delivered and then said he would look after me at 150 delivered. First lad is coming Monday , I just need the father to go missing for half a day now 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Will you get him to pull onto a weighbridge

Back