Scrap prices

I gave away a car 3 weeks ago for nothing thinking it would cost me to get rid of it...
It was five years ago I sent a car in for the scrappage scheme and it made €120. Not much later they were only making €30.

😅 😅 😅 😅
Oh ye are a funny bunch, there’s no doubt.

I could say that Fiats don’t go for scrap as rust prices are bad but that would be poor taste 😅

There’s a scrap pile here and I’d like to cash it in so we can make the next tractor repayment.

😅 😅 😅 😅
Oh ye are a funny bunch, there’s no doubt.

I could say that Fiats don’t go for scrap as rust prices are bad but that would be poor taste 😅

There’s a scrap pile here and I’d like to cash it in so we can make the next tractor repayment.

Your "Scrap " machinery would be better/ newer than the likes of what a lot of us work everyday .

Got €140/ton today for light steel today.

Did you deliver that yourself, or was it collected from your yard?
If collected , they can tell you , that they are giving you €300 a ton because you won't have many tons , by their reckoning .
If a lad was to head off with a trailer of scrap , could it be classed as an essential journey? 🤔 . Wouldnt be much point if you got a heavy fine ..

Your "Scrap " machinery would be better/ newer than the likes of what a lot of us work everyday .

If collected , they can tell you , that they are giving you €300 a ton because you won't have many tons , by their reckoning .
If a lad was to head off with a trailer of scrap , could it be classed as an essential journey? 🤔 . Wouldnt be much point if you got a heavy fine ..
Delivered it myself, its only two miles away so regular small deliveries.

€160-170/tn is a great motivator for getting rid of stuff. Had 8-10 old railwayline gate piers that were pulled up when we widened gaps etc over the years. Great weight in them.

Have 10-15 gates to sell too. Galvanize ones probably ranging from 10-17ft at a guess. No rungs missing. At least 3 big concrete water troughs too if any one is interested.

Must do a stocktake and put the whole lot on Donedeal.

End of 2007 I hit a high of £280/t,had a couple of skips with 12t in them,had to take a bag to collect the money.😲🤑🤑🤑

€160-170/tn is a great motivator for getting rid of stuff. Had 8-10 old railwayline gate piers that were pulled up when we widened gaps etc over the years. Great weight in them.

Have 10-15 gates to sell too. Galvanize ones probably ranging from 10-17ft at a guess. No rungs missing. At least 3 big concrete water troughs too if any one is interested.

Railway line was €2/ft as gateposts, the gates would probably sell for €5/ft or more and water troughs were around €1/gallon. Just as a guideline.

I just think it would be a shame to scrap them if they could be used again!
I’ve bought and made piers in recent years, generally galvanize now.
I know what you mean.

Based on @MF30 price estimate, they should be worth more for scrap.
Say 8ft long at €2/ft is €16.

Easily 150kg in weight I’d say. That’s €25 at €170/tn.

Collected you could get them to weigh in and out at a local weighbride . Wouldn't believe the radio in their own lorry

Those online auctions look to be a great way of selling yokes like that. Its amazing what lads buy at them.

Back