Scrap prices

You know what they say about one man's scrap.............. I know lads who would build a spaceship out of that........
Ah I’m sick of looking at it and other stuff around the place. Time for a clear out.

What's your Eircode ? Be there with after dinner tomorrow, with a trailer and a bundle of 50s 😆
No problem. If anyone wants them at €50 a pop. I’m in east cork. Scrap lorry expected to come next week.

The local steelworks sell 7 ft lengths of 8x4 girder made up from offcuts welded up for €25 each specifically for gateposts.
The travellers ordered 4 skips from the metal scrapyard to be delivered to a location and they said they’d fill them over a few weeks and get them collected one each week. The feckers cut up three of the skips and loaded the first skip with the bits and then topped it up with their own scrap. Got paid for it too, you couldn’t make it up.

There is a round roof shed at home built in the mid 60s, The trusses are rail line ,we think they came from Nenagh station but they were brought to somewhere in Limerick to be curved. There are other lengths of rail line which we think came from the closed Roscrea Birr line , these have an unusual n shape

Attachments

• 91AD9BE6-2073-4D2B-949C-5A06316486BD.jpeg
    91AD9BE6-2073-4D2B-949C-5A06316486BD.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 48
  • AD4DBCBF-BB00-479C-8CA3-C393EB031E46.jpeg
    AD4DBCBF-BB00-479C-8CA3-C393EB031E46.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 7D755CC8-D1CF-4314-9590-79D6440F05F4.jpeg
    7D755CC8-D1CF-4314-9590-79D6440F05F4.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 48
There is a round roof shed at home built in the mid 60s, The trusses are rail line ,we think they came from Nenagh station but they were brought to somewhere in Limerick to be curved. There are other lengths of rail line which we think came from the closed Roscrea Birr line , these have an unusual n shape

That was quite a feat of engineering. God help whoever had the job of erecting those trusses .

While rooting through the scrap pile , I came across a piece about 18 inches long of the shape as the bottom picture you posted . I didnt know what it was.
When I was a chap , there was a timber pump stick in a neighbours yard . There was a similar piece of iron used as the pivot plate for the handle . The handle went in through a cut out in what would have been the face that the train ran on. There was a pin across, as a pivot.
If any one can understand that .

Have a good bit of heavy scrap gathered up. Been ringing a few places ranging from €150 - €170 a ton

What is scrap at now? I have a small bit of copper too if anyone has a price on that.

What is scrap at now? I have a small bit of copper too if anyone has a price on that.
Think bright copper ( stripped copper) is somewhere about 7 euro a kilo.ie 7k a ton. Can get you exact price tomorrow .

Brother in law usually has a good bit of it up and down .Stripped a ton or so last Christmas for him .We made it up at approx 100 an hour pay rate difference between stripped and unstrippted .
Good paying if boring work.
Think its about 3.5 euro a kilo unstripped. Very little variation between any buyers .
We weighted it here a good few times with digital scales and scrapyard scales are bang on despite popular opinion

We weighed 1m length of wire before and after stripping and calculated pay rate on how much you could do with a sharp Stanley knife in an hour

Back