Seen for sale...

A quicke Q5M is €14500 fitted
That’s the sorta money I was thinking any of the main stream ones would be tbh
An InterTech would be around €6,750 fitted plus Vat (we had a test on one in the Feb issue and I spoke to Pat Brogan who is importing them) which I believe is less than what a Rossmore would be.

Used booms from more familiar names seem to anywhere from €3,500+ and then add brackets/subframe as well as the controls.

I was half heartedly on the look out for a used Stoll boom as I had brackets (which I must stick on DoneDeal). Ended up finding a used 2017 MX boom, controls and subframe the other week.
Sounds a lot less than anything main stream. Thought Ross more were near enough but a bit less than the likes of the quicke trima mx etc.

What size mx did ya end up with?

That’s the sorta money I was thinking any of the main stream ones would be tbh

Sounds a lot less than anything main stream. Thought Ross more were near enough but a bit less than the likes of the quicke trima mx etc.

What size mx did ya end up with?
I seem to have a figure of €8,500 for Rossmore, but that could be 12 months ago and plus or including VAT.

A U310 with self-levelling. Not as fancy as the T models but it is not going to be doing a wild amount of work.

I seem to have a figure of €8,500 for Rossmore, but that could be 12 months ago and plus or including VAT.

A U310 with self-levelling. Not as fancy as the T models but it is not going to be doing a wild amount of work.
Nothing wrong with the U imo a little lower in lift capacity on like for like model as the hydraulic levelling boost the lift capacity a bit! A 410 was the one offered originally for the one here but I bumped to a 412 for the little extra reach, and it’s rated to higher power incase it’s moved onto the next one

Nothing wrong with the U imo a little lower in lift capacity on like for like model as the hydraulic levelling boost the lift capacity a bit! A 410 was the one offered originally for the one here but I bumped to a 412 for the little extra reach, and it’s rated to higher power incase it’s moved onto the next one
Out of interest what width front bucket do you use on it?
The one I bought is coming with pallet forks but I will need to pick up a bucket and a bale squeeze at some point. The latter is probably more important in the coming months.

The one I bought is coming with pallet forks but I will need to pick up a bucket and a bale squeeze at some point. The latter is probably more important in the coming months.
Quicke 2m wide high volume, only really does a bit of grain work, not a bucket I’d go at stone or anything with. Width is bang on but if going at heavy work if would need to be a heavier shallower bucket. Grab is 1.8m albutt and it’s fine with it

I have a T412 also and have a 2m wide medium size bucket. I find it a good all rounder.
Think it cost around €1,100 in 2017.
I can get a photo if it’s of any use to you.

An InterTech would be around €6,750 fitted plus Vat (we had a test on one in the Feb issue and I spoke to Pat Brogan who is importing them) which I believe is less than what a Rossmore would be.

Used booms from more familiar names seem to anywhere from €3,500+ and then add brackets/subframe as well as the controls.

I was half heartedly on the look out for a used Stoll boom as I had brackets (which I must stick on DoneDeal). Ended up finding a used 2017 MX boom, controls and subframe the other week.
Uncle priced a new Rossmore recently - equivalent size to a Q4M - €10,000 fitted for non-self levelling, €11,000 for self levelling version.

I got a new Q6M (in MF colours - FL4327) back in October. €13,000 fitted.

Thanks for the replies

The place I bought the loader has a Quicke 210U for £625 plus Vat (and haulage)

Have found MX BRU225 for £750 plus vat and delivery.

Don’t want to go too wide and risk twisting the boom. Will mainly be used for pushing up a bit of dung. Might just hold off for now as the bale squeeze will be needed first.

A rare thing, a modern two-wheel drive with a loader

1711616673069.png
McCormick C80 Max (2010) 71032256
£16,500.00, 3314 Hours, Front Loader, Air Con, Manual shuttle, 2WD, 2 Spool, Trailer Braking, Pick Up Hitch, 3rd Service at Headstock

Attachments

• 1711616610167.png
    1711616610167.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 16
A rare thing, a modern two-wheel drive with a loader

View attachment 135553
McCormick C80 Max (2010) 71032256
£16,500.00, 3314 Hours, Front Loader, Air Con, Manual shuttle, 2WD, 2 Spool, Trailer Braking, Pick Up Hitch, 3rd Service at Headstock

Are the front wheels off an ivor williams trailer ? Surely an attachment on the loader would be enough weight never mind a bale or a bucket of sand

Back