Seen for sale...

That's not that far from you to be fair!!

Nice drill.
Very close now with the new bridge. We had a 3m rapid box type years ago for a season on a valtra 8150, not enough power to get the good out of it. Since the t7's came its made a lot bigger stuff accessible, so I'm thinking maybe the 250 would handle something like that, or has anyone done something similar?

Very close now with the new bridge. We had a 3m rapid box type years ago for a season on a valtra 8150, not enough power to get the good out of it. Since the t7's came its made a lot bigger stuff accessible, so I'm thinking maybe the 250 would handle something like that, or has anyone done something similar?

All the 6m drills around though are on 300hp + tractors mainly Fendts. You might struggle :scratchhead:

The type of ground you'd be sowing on dictates power more than anything ie. Mintill ploughing with a plough press, ploughing rolled with a ring roller or just ploughed, in order from easiest to hardest pulled. I'd reckon Mintill no bother to soft ploughing not a hope

The type of ground you'd be sowing on dictates power more than anything ie. Mintill ploughing with a plough press, ploughing rolled with a ring roller or just ploughed, in order from easiest to hardest pulled. I'd reckon Mintill no bother to soft ploughing not a hope
It'd be either mintilled with the clc and ring rolled or ploughed and ring rolled usually twice, mostly flat with a few handy slopes.

Are you wanting to use it on min-till or ploughed ground, spring or winter cropping or a bit of everything?
Will you have another drill if you have another winter/spring like 2019/2020?
Is it a T7.250 you have and is it chipped?

Are you wanting to use it on min-till or ploughed ground, spring or winter cropping or a bit of everything?
Will you have another drill if you have another winter/spring like 2019/2020?
Is it a T7.250 you have and is it chipped?
Bit of everything yea, whichever it is it gets 2 runs of the ring roller so it's fairly firm. It's remapped so it's at 250ish now.

Bit of everything yea, whichever it is it gets 2 runs of the ring roller so it's fairly firm. It's remapped so it's at 250ish now.

Should manage fine on firm going with the discs not working too deep and the levelling board just knocking the top. There was a thread recently on TFF about using an 8.0m (?) on a Fendt 724

Should manage fine on firm going with the discs not working too deep and the levelling board just knocking the top. There was a thread recently on TFF about using an 8.0m (?) on a Fendt 724
Now that's ambitious, I'll go have a read of that. Maybe 4m would be more accessible. I'll try persuade the chequebook owner to go have a look.

Now that's ambitious, I'll go have a read of that. Maybe 4m would be more accessible. I'll try persuade the chequebook owner to go have a look.

Was surprised this spring how many trailed drills are in this area, mostly 3.0m and 4.0m machines on 150hp tractors. One local grower is using a 4.0m Horsch grain and fert drill on a T7030 but previously used it on an 8560. He says there is a big jump in output with the extra horsepower of the 7030. He has plenty of steep hills to deal with but would be light enough stoney ground.

We’ve a 4m rapid here, currently pulled by 200hp, bought secondhand to increase output, when the weather allows, its sat in the shed for 2 of the past 5 autumns, I’d like a 6m spirit, though I just know we haven’t the grunt to pull it around here, tough ground and hills. Better to have a bit extra on the 4m than be struggling on 6m.
A 4m with decent power in front will get through a fair amount of work.

things have come along way from the ol' mf30

I ground covering terms , certainly.

Eh, surely not :laugh:. And there I think I'm doing great work with the mf30 and dual wheeled 168 :rolleyes2:.

It takes you a bit longer, but you probably have at least as good yields , as people who sow their corn with newer machinery.
And you haven't got hefty repayments on the MF30. :Thumbp2:

We’ve a 4m rapid here, currently pulled by 200hp, bought secondhand to increase output, when the weather allows, its sat in the shed for 2 of the past 5 autumns, I’d like a 6m spirit, though I just know we haven’t the grunt to pull it around here, tough ground and hills. Better to have a bit extra on the 4m than be struggling on 6m.
A 4m with decent power in front will get through a fair amount of work.
What's the main drilling outfit @ithastopay . Is keeping the forward speed up on those drills important? As in do you need speed to create the filth?

Supposed to have been pretty horrendous to use/drive. the fastrac/4cx based replacement on the other hand is supposed to be a sports car by comparison.

60mph in a frickin digger!!!

Proper fast JCB...
Not actually a jcb
Was quite amusing that guy wanted something that was actually a tractor than what the top gear guys did and made something that looked like a tractor.....
Then they made something that looked like a tractor....

What's the main drilling outfit @ithastopay . Is keeping the forward speed up on those drills important? As in do you need speed to create the filth?

A 3m lemken one pass is what we use when conditions are not good enough for the rapid.
Yes much like a disc harrow, the higher the forward speed, the higher the speed of the discs, more speed more cultivation, up to a point where too much much speed, can cause uneven placement of seed and bunching, also speed wrecks yolks, Ive yet to see any machine benefit from having the absolute ring driven out of it.

A 3m lemken one pass is what we use when conditions are not good enough for the rapid.
Yes much like a disc harrow, the higher the forward speed, the higher the speed of the discs, more speed more cultivation, up to a point where too much much speed, can cause uneven placement of seed and bunching, also speed wrecks yolks, Ive yet to see any machine benefit from having the absolute ring driven out of it.
I could see how the one pass would be a.good catch all in your type of ground alright, a lot of men gone to big trailed drills down here now but a fair few would be at some kind of min till or direct seeding too and easier land.
The 6 metre obviously gives another 50% output width wise so I was thinking just drop a couple.of gears but as you said you need enough forward speed to till it too.

Back