Seen for sale...

He should have left this alone,the tin work looks decent till they painted it and the wrong rear rims.👎

In Australia they buy them cut the back off over the rear wheel arch add a chassis extension between 300mm and 750mm and then put a flat tray with canopy on top .

Lovely clean example. Is it a respray?. To me it looks to good even for an arid enough climate and if the hours are genuine how has it needed a new engine?. No pickup hitch and no assistors on the lift either.
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-399-tractor/26838874

Hard to see that as original paint . Horrible tyres . Without assister rams , that lift cover wouldnt be up to a whole pile .

Something different around the PTO area ?

Would they not have had a 6.354, that looks like a later engine, phaser?

Later ones had the phaser . early ones , like @Mf240 had , had the 6354

Hard to see that as original paint . Horrible tyres . Without assister rams , that lift cover wouldnt be up to a whole pile .

Definitely resprayed, 500 hrs on the replacement engine more like.

They are American style tyres, I don't know how you would go about sourcing them in Europe

A tyre lad in Roscrea used to sell the Goodyear 1 short lug 1 long lug American style tyres 20-25 years ago . They were classed as Seconds , had a hole punched in the sides of them , which was repaired and vulcanised , before he offered them for sale . Small money , and no comeback .
People used to be afraid of the vulcanised repair , but they never lasted long enough for that part to trouble them . Soft as margarine . Melt at the sight of concrete or tarmac .They were maybe 2/3 the price of a new Barrum at the time . I knew 1 lad put a pair of 16.9 x 34s of them on a 7610 , one calved in months . Another neighbour put a pair of them in 14.9 x 28 on an Ursus 355 . I dont know what happened them , but they were replaced in 2 or 3 years , with a bald pair from a breaker , off the front of a 4wd . It was basically a transport box tractor .

A tyre lad in Roscrea used to sell the Goodyear 1 short lug 1 long lug American style tyres 20-25 years ago . They were classed as Seconds , had a hole punched in the sides of them , which was repaired and vulcanised , before he offered them for sale . Small money , and no comeback .
People used to be afraid of the vulcanised repair , but they never lasted long enough for that part to trouble them . Soft as margarine . Melt at the sight of concrete or tarmac .They were maybe 2/3 the price of a new Barrum at the time . I knew 1 lad put a pair of 16.9 x 34s of them on a 7610 , one calved in months . Another neighbour put a pair of them in 14.9 x 28 on an Ursus 355 . I dont know what happened them , but they were replaced in 2 or 3 years , with a bald pair from a breaker , off the front of a 4wd . It was basically a transport box tractor .
Interesting to know. I got a fresh front tyre on a tractor here vulcanised and it lasted perfectly. A 20mm bolt went through the sidewall when the tyre had done less than 100hrs. It was a loader tractor and we had no issue. It was sold on 9 years later and never had a puncture with us. No issue with the next owner, I didn't mention the repair either. A set of agrimax put on new in 2007 I think.

Looks like a 595 pto set up.:confused:

I had both a 6.354 and a later Phaser,I preferred the 6.354 but then again I rated them as one of the best engines ever made.

Interesting to know. I got a fresh front tyre on a tractor here vulcanised and it lasted perfectly. A 20mm bolt went through the sidewall when the tyre had done less than 100hrs. It was a loader tractor and we had no issue. It was sold on 9 years later and never had a puncture with us. No issue with the next owner, I didn't mention the repair either. A set of agrimax put on new in 2007 I think.

I have a 12 ply tyre on the old digger here , that got cut in the side wall when it was about a year old . Not quite all the way through , but very nearly . I took it over to Hinches outside Tullamore . They put a gaiter inside it , and vulcanised it . I think it was E90 . The tyre is 03 , a BKT . It is just starting to crack in that spot now , but i have no complaints after that length of time .

I remember my father having a gator bolted into a tractor tyre on a TVO 20 . When were children we used to put gators made out of Wellington boots on bicycle tyres . It was either patch the tyre or weed two acres of beet to buy a new one.
When Sean Kelly was cycling in community games the prizes were bicycle tyres that he used to sell to other athletes.

Back