Seen for sale...

nashmach

There seems to be loads of them around now, and lots currently in the making, you would wonder is there going to be custom for them all whenever things (hopefully) open up fully again

The county councils won't be long shutting them up either. There has been much discussion in the county here that they are breaching casual trading rules.

MF30

The county councils won't be long shutting them up either. There has been much discussion in the county here that they are breaching casual trading rules.
Surely you’d need a license or permit of some sort along with a health board certificate to sell food or drink for human consumption?

Carrigogunnell

Surely you’d need a license or permit of some sort along with a health board certificate to sell food or drink for human consumption?
Some councils seems to be enforcing more than in other countys. My wifehad a food truck and was trading from a big buildings merchant in the city, in private property and never a problem for nearly 2 years. Limerick county concil got a notion after Christmas that they where shutting them down, a lot of them where pulled up around in public places. Anyway they called to us in march and we are closed since. The building merchant are applying for planning for us, we had to get an environmental impact report and ecology report and the planning is only submitted since. Closed for the busiest time of the year not ideal...

scoffcruddle

I’d say nearer 79 than 69.
Odd loader on it,my 40 you can’t get on the left side due to the spools.

MF30

I think It's the councils being greedy and possibly if you can claim casual trading, you are exempt from rates???
Some councils seems to be enforcing more than in other countys. My wifehad a food truck and was trading from a big buildings merchant in the city, in private property and never a problem for nearly 2 years. Limerick county concil got a notion after Christmas that they where shutting them down, a lot of them where pulled up around in public places. Anyway they called to us in march and we are closed since. The building merchant are applying for planning for us, we had to get an environmental impact report and ecology report and the planning is only submitted since. Closed for the busiest time of the year not ideal...
I’d imagine just a permit you would apply for and some food safety laws would be minimal requirements to prevent the likes of Evenflow selling takeaway food....

That was unfair closing down the food truck, it wasn’t like it was being operated in an underhand manner, all customers would be very glad of its services.

Carrigogunnell

I think It's the councils being greedy and possibly if you can claim casual trading, you are exempt from rates???
I do think that they should pay rates tho. The problem was there is a business owner paying rent,rates etc a coffee trailer comes on 100m up the road with no real costs starts taking business from the person with all the over heads.. You are right tho the councils are following money also

Bog Man

There was a man used to sell fish from a van in shamrock square in Carlow. The council spent years in the courts trying to move him on but there was some casual trading right granted by some English king. The fact that he was known as Mad Paddy did not help the matter. He had republicans sympathies and it was ironic he used a British trading charter.
He used buy Wexford Strawberries off us and bring them up the west . We used to put the punnets into fish boxes that would not have been the cleanest and sell them to traders in the west.
He lived opposite the Seven Oaks and he objected to the Nightclub playing music very late and often was out on the street in his night attire shouting abuse at the late night revellers.

Donegal Bay

I’d imagine just a permit you would apply for and some food safety laws would be minimal requirements to prevent the likes of Evenflow selling takeaway food....

That was unfair closing down the food truck, it wasn’t like it was being operated in an underhand manner, all customers would be very glad of its services.
AFAIK they have to be inspected by HSE Enviornmental health section.

humungus

There was a man used to sell fish from a van in shamrock square in Carlow. The council spent years in the courts trying to move him on but there was some casual trading right granted by some English king. The fact that he was known as Mad Paddy did not help the matter. He had republicans sympathies and it was ironic he used a British trading charter.
He used buy Wexford Strawberries off us and bring them up the west . We used to put the punnets into fish boxes that would not have been the cleanest and sell them to traders in the west.
He lived opposite the Seven Oaks and he objected to the Nightclub playing music very late and often was out on the street in his night attire shouting abuse at the late night revellers.
i didn,t know your land stretched into wexford , we,re very protective of our natural advantages :whistle: