Seen for sale...

Advertised in the auction as 30kph,dealer has it as 40kph?
Big big job to make it 40kph.

Bought my 6800 set off down the road and thought oh shit! It would only do 30kph,it just needed the foot throttle adjusting.😆
I think every 6000 deere I have ever been in needed the throttle adjusted 😂 always a good bit more to be gotten from the hand throttle

Is there many of the old orange Same's left up that side. You would be near fenian reilly would you?
Yeah there's a heap. There's 3 soon to be 4 still in service with the friends down the road. There's the 100 antares, the 100.6, the 190 titan and soon to be the 110 laser once I get it going again, there's also a 90 leopard that was 're sprayed but never put back together this last 2 years. They used to have a good fleet of them, I think they said they had 3 110 lasers and 2 130 lasers at one stage and a few panthers and tigers before that. Fenian is only up the road, he's who they've been buying from the last 40 years. Eddie Brady quite possibly the best same mechanic in the country was to come out and look at the burnt out loom on the 100 last Monday. Have to give the friend a ring and see did he fix it as it's needed to put out grass seed next week. There's a few other sames knocking about the place but these lads would probably have the most still on the go in our area. Have no complaints about them bar that silver.

€15k for a convereted horsebox
View attachment 91254
The man that does castrate the bulls here is making one of them for the local club, nearly thought that was it bar his name isn't nick. Meant to be good money in them. Should probably ask on here about it, he's looking for a 4 stud wheel off an anglia, morris minor or one like that for it.

There seems to be loads of them around now, and lots currently in the making, you would wonder is there going to be custom for them all whenever things (hopefully) open up fully again

The county councils won't be long shutting them up either. There has been much discussion in the county here that they are breaching casual trading rules.

The county councils won't be long shutting them up either. There has been much discussion in the county here that they are breaching casual trading rules.
Surely you’d need a license or permit of some sort along with a health board certificate to sell food or drink for human consumption?

Surely you’d need a license or permit of some sort along with a health board certificate to sell food or drink for human consumption?
Some councils seems to be enforcing more than in other countys. My wifehad a food truck and was trading from a big buildings merchant in the city, in private property and never a problem for nearly 2 years. Limerick county concil got a notion after Christmas that they where shutting them down, a lot of them where pulled up around in public places. Anyway they called to us in march and we are closed since. The building merchant are applying for planning for us, we had to get an environmental impact report and ecology report and the planning is only submitted since. Closed for the busiest time of the year not ideal...

I think It's the councils being greedy and possibly if you can claim casual trading, you are exempt from rates???
Some councils seems to be enforcing more than in other countys. My wifehad a food truck and was trading from a big buildings merchant in the city, in private property and never a problem for nearly 2 years. Limerick county concil got a notion after Christmas that they where shutting them down, a lot of them where pulled up around in public places. Anyway they called to us in march and we are closed since. The building merchant are applying for planning for us, we had to get an environmental impact report and ecology report and the planning is only submitted since. Closed for the busiest time of the year not ideal...
I’d imagine just a permit you would apply for and some food safety laws would be minimal requirements to prevent the likes of Evenflow selling takeaway food....

That was unfair closing down the food truck, it wasn’t like it was being operated in an underhand manner, all customers would be very glad of its services.

I think It's the councils being greedy and possibly if you can claim casual trading, you are exempt from rates???
I do think that they should pay rates tho. The problem was there is a business owner paying rent,rates etc a coffee trailer comes on 100m up the road with no real costs starts taking business from the person with all the over heads.. You are right tho the councils are following money also

Back