Seen for sale...

this tractor has a price tag of 21K , surely it wouldnt have cost much more than that brand new in 2007 ?
i priced a few tractors lately. they are coming in around double the price what they were in 07

One for scoff, I don't think It's the mixer wagon one that's for sale!
I saw one on DD couple of years ago, it was a Dennis 4x2 mobile workshop with crane, PTO generator, air compressor, tool lockers, flatbed, crew lunch cabin etc ex UK water company , tiny mileage and I think was only 10k euros . It was an impressive piece of kit and must have cost an absolute fortune when new. I d have loved to add it to my fantasy workshop ( non existent yet!)

It’s one thing asking that much but are people actually paying it ? price of everything gone fecking mad
Last I heard, the manufacturers are waiting on supplies of microchips to continue production of cars and tractors. And a lot of manufacturers were down to 50% capacity with social distancing rules. And container prices have rocketed from about £2k up to £14k now, if they can be got at all. Supplies of stuff ordered months ago are showing up with a lot of lower than ordered numbers of items and some not there or available to be got at all.

Just in time delivery worked well at reducing the fat in the system until a part of it broke and now it seems we will have to remove some of the muscle to remain going. Inflation looks likely to soar in the short term and many countries and manufacturers will try to rebuild their supply capacity nearer to where it's needed at a higher price which again feeds into higher prices. There's a higher price needed for resilience over lower cost, it seems.

Edit: With reduced supplies of new equipment, there's fewer trade ins and prices of that equipment is rising.

Last I heard, the manufacturers are waiting on supplies of microchips to continue production of cars and tractors. And a lot of manufacturers were down to 50% capacity with social distancing rules. And container prices have rocketed from about £2k up to £14k now, if they can be got at all. Supplies of stuff ordered months ago are showing up with a lot of lower than ordered numbers of items and some not there or available to be got at all.

Just in time delivery worked well at reducing the fat in the system until a part of it broke and now it seems we will have to remove some of the muscle to remain going. Inflation looks likely to soar in the short term and many countries and manufacturers will try to rebuild their supply capacity nearer to where it's needed at a higher price which again feeds into higher prices. There's a higher price needed for resilience over lower cost, it seems.

Edit: With reduced supplies of new equipment, there's fewer trade ins and prices of that equipment is rising.

chips are the big contributor to costs as raw materials have actually fallen a lot in price in the past two months , China having a pretty bad falling out with Australia being a big contributor

takes a while for value to work its way through the chain of course

heard that the fendt factory has tractors built but dont have the microchips yet for the likes of the screens, thus not leaving the tractors just parked there.
microchips shortage is being felt in the computer space as well. i have built my own computer and the thought of upgrading. been a couple years since i have done that but cant get the parts for their msrp so wont be happening any time soon. you'd be paying more than double for a used pc part compared to their original price and as you can well imagine, a new one would be worth much more. there also hasnt been any new releases in hardware in the past year or 2 due to it.

Last edited:
Will alot of these companies making tractors and the likes go back to a standard machine without all the fancy stuff? I feel the day of the 110-90 been reborn is close😄😄

heard a fellow not too far from me bought a new Tumosan Classic lately ,

I don't know anything about the tractors, but he had a crystal nearly as long as I can remember and it done his work

They've never really stopped, people just don't buy what they claim to want.
True,I remember lads moaning about how MF didn't make a basic spec tractor anymore ,
then when MF brought out the 4700 series basic spec tractor no one bought the bloody things!

Low-houred Zetor, @jf 850 if you hadn't blown the budget on the robots you could expand the fleet

IMG_6339-1200x900.jpg

Low-houred Zetor, @jf 850 if you hadn't blown the budget on the robots you could expand the fleet

IMG_6339-1200x900.jpg

Budget well blown between drainage stone and digger man .

I have a breeding pair already . 10461 with loader , 12441 without loader .

Whatever about low hours , it doesn't look loved . @ponderosa mightnt be too far out , about having been on its side .
Left Mirror arm bent , left front mudguard gone , rear mudguard broken .

Budget well blown between drainage stone and digger man .

I have a breeding pair already . 10461 with loader , 12441 without loader .

Whatever about low hours , it doesn't look loved . @ponderosa mightnt be too far out , about having been on its side .
Left Mirror arm bent , left front mudguard gone , rear mudguard broken .
That could have done wonders for it if it ran on it's side for a short while.

Back