Seen for sale...

Probably still buyer beware. Don't think he'll lose money on this one as that would be quite hard to do seeing how the price of tractors has sky rocketed, but I know he just broke even on the 2130 and he lost money on the 5000 he restored before that selling it for just 4500 at the time after re doing the whole gearbox, backend and engine aswell as fully respraying it in 2 pack paint. He wouldn't be out to do up a yolk for the money. Just to pass the time really as he's a keen interest in fixing yolks in general. I'd say the only reason it's being sold is because he sees something else he's after, he might not be selling it at all, I'll have to ask him this weekend
Why don't lads like that, just take on a bit of work then? Get paid so much to do the job, instead of passing the time by to loose money

Why don't lads like that, just take on a bit of work then? Get paid so much to do the job, instead of passing the time by to loose money
Because its a lot harder than it sounds. When you get a lad that wants a job done it usually has to be a certain way, cost a certain amount and be done for a certain time which is far less enjoyable than doing it for yourself. Not too fun when you always have someone looking over you.

Did he go through the backend thoroughly?
Hi lo seals replacement,new charge pump??
Syncros in the gearbox??
My 3650 had a full gearbox rebuild including new bearings ,brought about by the failure of a small cage bearing.
Literally every nut and bolt from the pto shaft to the front HYD pump has been apart and redone due to failures,the engine rebuild was only like a starter for a 7 course meal.
My tractor has a lot of hours done but so do most of them.
I still like it for some reason that defys logic.my teenage sons think it's the dogs danglies to drive,they are right too but they don't have the emotional and financial scars it has left on me!
Still don't look at it.in action without a smile though.
I had similar with my 3650,hi-lo seals,pto pack and shift fork for 1 and 2 gears,did the spanner work myself and loved that tractor but my 6000 Deere’s were far better tractors in reality.

I have two jobs with different mechanics, ongoing for 2 yrs 🤦
sounds like a friend of mine. Asked him 2 years ago did he want me to restore his 996, he said know that he knew a mechanic that was going to do it. the mechanic has it the last year and hasn't put a spanner to it yet

The 3350 is on its way to Cork. Went for 27k.

After seeing an invoice last weekend for some of the parts involved in doing the clutch, power steering orbitrol, front hydraulic pump and a few other bits and pieces that made sense while at it on a 2140, I was kind of thinking he'd nearly want the 34 to be at anything if doing it to the standard you say.

Whereabouts in Cork did it go to, do you know?

After seeing an invoice last weekend for some of the parts involved in doing the clutch, power steering orbitrol, front hydraulic pump and a few other bits and pieces that made sense while at it on a 2140, I was kind of thinking he'd nearly want the 34 to be at anything if doing it to the standard you say.

Whereabouts in Cork did it go to, do you know?
No idea. Haven't seen him yet this weekend. Might tip down to him this evening

Rare to see one with such low hours. If genuine obviously.

A JX90 with low hours wouldn't be that unusual. It's not a JXU.

JX made in Turkey . You.wouldnt like to put big hours on one .

Back