shed painters?

There was a hoor up here looking to do a first class job on the sheds yesterday, mum roaded him!

Da was telling a man who was working here today that they were up and after cursing them up and down he said that they landed to an old man who lived on his own in an isloated spot a few years ago.

The first man that come looking the work got roaded, a few days later he was woke early in the morning by a van on the street.
He went out in his "drawers" and vest and seen two boys getting out of the van, he questioned them about what they were doing, they said they were there to paint the sheds, he told them to hold on he was going to get something out of the house.
He came out with the double barrell, there was only one boy there when he came out so fired over his head, he jumped in the van and started driving down the lane, a few seconds later the other boy came running round the side of the house, (he was trying to get in the back door) so he let of another shot over his head.

Think he got into the van half way down the lane......

Doubt if them boys will ever be back there.....!

There was a hoor up here looking to do a first class job on the sheds yesterday, mum roaded him!

Da was telling a man who was working here today that they were up and after cursing them up and down he said that they landed to an old man who lived on his own in an isloated spot a few years ago.

The first man that come looking the work got roaded, a few days later he was woke early in the morning by a van on the street.
He went out in his "drawers" and vest and seen two boys getting out of the van, he questioned them about what they were doing, they said they were there to paint the sheds, he told them to hold on he was going to get something out of the house.
He came out with the double barrell, there was only one boy there when he came out so fired over his head, he jumped in the van and started driving down the lane, a few seconds later the other boy came running round the side of the house, (he was trying to get in the back door) so he let of another shot over his head.

Thats the only job for them! :thumbup1:

These 'trades' they offer/things they sell are a great excuse to get on your property in the first place. :sneaky2:

Pádraig Nally :no:

There was something in the paper yesterday about a law change to the right to defend your own house and property, the current law is a joke where you become the criminal and them the victim

There was something in the paper yesterday about a law change to the right to defend your own house and property, the current law is a joke where you become the criminal and them the victim

Have they changed it yet? Civil law in Ireland is a joke.

They are right bu**ers aren't they :angry:

Preying on innocent people as well. :thumbdown:

Mr Nally had the right idea in my book and I am sure many will disagree with me on that but it has taken this long to upgrade the law :no:

They are right bu**ers aren't they :angry:

Preying on innocent people as well. :thumbdown:

Mr Nally had the right idea in my book and I am sure many will disagree with me on that but it has taken this long to upgrade the law :no:

In my opinion, he was in the right until he reloaded and shot again, that changed it, but in the heat of the moment, who am I the judge.

In my opinion, he was in the right until he reloaded and shot again, that changed it, but in the heat of the moment, who am I the judge.

My thoughts exactly, and also the beating with a stick. The man was of course driven to distraction and I dont really blame him, we might all have done the same, but if he hadnt reloaded he probably wouldnt have spent a single night in jail, and rightly so.

My thoughts exactly, and also the beating with a stick. The man was of course driven to distraction and I dont really blame him, we might all have done the same, but if he hadnt reloaded he probably wouldnt have spent a single night in jail, and rightly so.

Agreed with all of that.

It is worse now though. Somewhere in the midlands, a man fired a shot over intruders heads and they fled. He then rang the Gardai and they confiscated his shotgun. Ba$tards came back the following night and he had to beat them off with a stick :angry::thumbdown:

the buck he shot, his father passed away last week up here, they are from this neck of the woods.:o

Barstewarts were around today,jesus they do annoy me,ffs if I want my sheds painted then I'll look for some one to do it, this crowd claimed to be from Mallow so maybe someone down that neck of the woods knows of them,only consolation is that I was about because if nobody is around they can have a good look about , 02-SO-....green Nissan crew cab.

Get a couple of them in here every year looking to paint the sheds. I find the best way to shake them off is tell them your waiting for the sheeting to rot so that it can be re-done with the pvc coated cladding. If that fails to gets them out of the yard then resort to some very colourful language.

If they call offering to paint your sheds you know they are cowboys as genuine painters will advertise and let people that want their sheds painted contact them. Saying that a neighbour of mine rang some painter off the farmers journal to paint his sheds and he turned out to be a cowboy. I had a fella call years ago offering to paint the sheds he said that he would do the job a bit chaper if I gave them a field for the horses :001_rolleyes: They called to another farmer and he asked them if they had insurance "sure boss" was the reply. The farmer asked him for the insurance cert and he gave it to him so the farmer said he would have to go into the house to ring the insurance company and check it. He rang the insurance company and they told him that the policy didn't exist, when the farmer went outside yourman was gone :001_rolleyes:

my brother saw an add on the journal a few years ago , midland painting , five year guarentee , reps compliant , professional looking outfit , he rang up , a lady with an english accent answered the phone , agreed on the price over the phone , two fat tinkers arrived the next day with two polish lads who done all the work , paint was gone in six months and the so called guarentee was not worth the paper it was printed on

he rang the journal and expressed his concern that a reputable and respected outfit like the journal would allow cowboys to advertise , they were very interested and the add was gone off the paper for the next six months, then one day it appeared again , he again rang the journal , this time the person he spoke to told him that they would not be getting involved in an equality issue

seems the tinkers complained about the journal to the quango known as the equality authority , outfits like that always see tinkers as victims even they are robbing people , i dont blame the journal , they dont want the liberal media branding them as anti traveller

If they call offering to paint your sheds you know they are cowboys as genuine painters will advertise and let people that want their sheds painted contact them. Saying that a neighbour of mine rang some painter off the farmers journal to paint his sheds and he turned out to be a cowboy. I had a fella call years ago offering to paint the sheds he said that he would do the job a bit chaper if I gave them a field for the horses :001_rolleyes: They called to another farmer and he asked them if they had insurance "sure boss" was the reply. The farmer asked him for the insurance cert and he gave it to him so the farmer said he would have to go into the house to ring the insurance company and check it. He rang the insurance company and they told him that the policy didn't exist, when the farmer went outside yourman was gone :001_rolleyes:

This reminds me of something that happened several years ago here.

This guy came into the yard wanting to paint the sheds said his name was johnny so and so.
just to get rid of him i said no one up on the sheds unless they have proper insurance.He went away with himself saying he would be back tomorrow with the insurance cert.I thought that would be the last i would see of him.

Sure enough he turned up the next with a "copy" of the insurance cert,It was a bad copy with names half tipexed out and new names added etc etc.
i memorised the cert no and a few other details just to ring the insurance co out of curiosity and see what they had to say.(he couldn't give me copy as it was his last one??).
The biggest flaw with his cert was that their was no one called Johnny written in on the cert(their was about 6 or 7 names on the cert)when i quized him up on that he said it would be ok as he would be working under his brothers name while he was up on the shed:D
I told him that i would not be doing the shed this year as money was tight.He told me he would do it real cheap and when i stood my ground he proceeded to f*ck me out of it whilst also telling me he was an honest man.
I rang the insurance co about the cert and it had been taken out about four years before for six mounths, so well out of date.

'Tis the season to be painting, sha la la la la, seen a new crew knocking around nicely labelled up crew cab advertising "west cork spray painters" with a WX reg, anybody else seen them about?

Lad about locally with a white 151 landcruiser looking for shed painting, giving the name Fitzhenry among others apparently gets fairly irate if things don't go his way, threatening to burn sheds etc.!Think he's moved on as we heard no more about him in the last week or so!
The guards had to be called on him in a couple of spots

'Tis the season to be painting, sha la la la la, seen a new crew knocking around nicely labelled up crew cab advertising "west cork spray painters" with a WX reg, anybody else seen them about?

He was outside the local pub the other day if he gives ya grief I'll show you were he lives down here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Had them call, and by the time I finished looking for his paperwork and safety statement method statement, MSDS, risk assessments GA1, GA3, working at height training, etc he left and hasn't returned........

Anyone have a good crowd to do sheds. Badly needed here. Want a good crowd who will do it right. Washed and primed and painted. Last crowd did it around 20 year ago and I say there is not half the paint left on the sheds. Looking for a crowd that will do a good tidy job. Seen jobs done around and it’s a bloody mess after them.

Anyone have a good crowd to do sheds. Badly needed here. Want a good crowd who will do it right. Washed and primed and painted. Last crowd did it around 20 year ago and I say there is not half the paint left on the sheds. Looking for a crowd that will do a good tidy job. Seen jobs done around and it’s a bloody mess after them.
Haven't seen sheds primed and painted before, just power washed and painted. When we used to brush paint them ourselves we'd get ten years out of them but they'd start getting dirty anyway. No one available to brush paint anymore and I'm not going to do it anymore. Ray Mernagh shed painters (advertised on donedeal) did ours last year and I supplied Fleetwood paint. Must say I was impressed with his work but I'm not expecting to get ten years out of spray paint as a good bit less paint is used. Job done on time and reasonably priced inc vat.
MF30

I don’t know anyone I’m afraid. We had a bad paint job done some years ago and it makes it very hard to deal with afterwards. The reason being that the new guy will have to try and powerhose off the loose paint, but it won’t all come off and the remaining paint will still have lifting edges on it.
The paint then won’t stick as these lifting edges are still under it.
We had some rust on an older hay barn so rather than spend money on paint, we got new Tegral sheeting on it and scrapped the old sheeting.
Saved the timber from rotting and no more paint on that shed. Still have a few gables with no rust but flakey paint and they bug me.

I don’t know anyone I’m afraid. We had a bad paint job done some years ago and it makes it very hard to deal with afterwards. The reason being that the new guy will have to try and powerhose off the loose paint, but it won’t all come off and the remaining paint will still have lifting edges on it.
The paint then won’t stick as these lifting edges are still under it.
We had some rust on an older hay barn so rather than spend money on paint, we got new Tegral sheeting on it and scrapped the old sheeting.
Saved the timber from rotting and no more paint on that shed. Still have a few gables with no rust but flakey paint and they bug me.

Yea seen people saying to re sheet them but say I will have a fair job convincing the father to re sheet 4 round roof sheds and a lean to.

Yea seen people saying to re sheet them but say I will have a fair job convincing the father to re sheet 4 round roof sheds and a lean to.

Ah yeah. Hard to justify it if the roofs are still waterproof.

Shed`s here at home were done maybe 5 yrs ago (probably more) . Was there first time getting painted , paint still perfect albeit not as bright . Was done by an english lad by the name of Denis lee i think (second name could be wrong ) . Exceptionally tasty at the job paint on the steel work not on the walls . Used come over to ireland ever year during the summer to go painting shed`s . What convinced us to use him was he had painted shed in work in the 90`s and used call in to work every few yrs after to see if they wanted another shed done or had heard of anyone thinking of painting there shed`s . Sign of someone with pride in there work when they`ll keep calling back to do more for you .

Back