shed painters?

Anyone have a good crowd to do sheds. Badly needed here. Want a good crowd who will do it right. Washed and primed and painted. Last crowd did it around 20 year ago and I say there is not half the paint left on the sheds. Looking for a crowd that will do a good tidy job. Seen jobs done around and it’s a bloody mess after them.

I don't know anyone now either. Last time they were done here was 2009.

Both my father and I agree they won't be done again but we have sheds here ranging from 1947/8 up to 1995 that would need painting so are closer to replacement time maybe than yours.

I know a man who did some costings on it and reckoned like Cork that the coated sheeting would be paid for easily with 2 paintings.

You'd here great yarns about messers alright, I know of one very fussy place that these lads were painting and apparently they also painted the owners near mint baler (think it was a Jones), they then threw dust on it to hide their crime :wacko:

I don't know anyone now either. Last time they were done here was 2009.

Both my father and I agree they won't be done again but we have sheds here ranging from 1947/8 up to 1995 that would need painting so are closer to replacement time maybe than yours.

I know a man who did some costings on it and reckoned like Cork that the coated sheeting would be paid for easily with 2 paintings.

You'd here great yarns about messers alright, I know of one very fussy place that these lads were painting and apparently they also painted the owners near mint baler (think it was a Jones), they then threw dust on it to hide their crime :wacko:
Bear in mind that new coated sheeting might not be half as strong as that old sheeting! But if its gone well rusty and plenty of holes well it's too late for paint. It's like gates, we used to wirebrush all ours and paint them every second summer as kids, in the 1990s I made a few new gates for unusual sized existing gateways and by the time I added up the cost I wasn't €20 behind the cost of a new galvanised gate. Every gate that got shook or damaged after that was widened to 15 ft and a new galvanised gate fitted. At least 90% of the gates here since then have been replaced with galvanised gates-the time saved painting alone was worth it.
MF30

Bear in mind that new coated sheeting might not be half as strong as that old sheeting! But if its gone well rusty and plenty of holes well it's too late for paint. It's like gates, we used to wirebrush all ours and paint them every second summer as kids, in the 1990s I made a few new gates for unusual sized existing gateways and by the time I added up the cost I wasn't €20 behind the cost of a new galvanised gate. Every gate that got shook or damaged after that was widened to 15 ft and a new galvanised gate fitted. At least 90% of the gates here since then have been replaced with galvanised gates-the time saved painting alone was worth it.
MF30

I'm surprised you didn't want to pass that tradition on to your own kids! I bet you were a two tone gate man too!

I'm surprised you didn't want to pass that tradition on to your own kids! I bet you were a two tone gate man too!
I wouldn't put that chore onto anyone-wire brushing gates while in situ and painting around mesh! Red only up to around joining Reps 2 then the whole farmyard colour scheme went to green including gates...
MF30

Them boys are back out again, is it the sun brings them out, " Want any sheds painted" , me "No, I don't want anything done" him "Do you want tar" , me " I just said i don't want anything done" gets back in his jeep and wheelspins his way out of the yard, the tool.

Them boys are back out again, is it the sun brings them out, " Want any sheds painted" , me "No, I don't want anything done" him "Do you want tar" , me " I just said i don't want anything done" gets back in his jeep and wheelspins his way out of the yard, the tool.

They were around here selling sofas last week. Delivered one to a neighbour and your man couldn't resist trying to do another deal when he spotted my father :rolleyes2:

They were around here selling sofas last week. Delivered one to a neighbour and your man couldn't resist trying to do another deal when he spotted my father :rolleyes2:
sure they knew your father can,t get you off the sofa and he might want a sofa for himself :wink:

There will be no sheds painted here .

I’ll never get sheets painted again, replacing all with coated sheeting over time.

We got bad paint (& painter) some years ago. It peeled partly afterwards and nobody can paint it properly since.

Only steel we paint is done by ourselves.

Our coastal location makes good coating of steel more important than some areas.

This was stuck on the gate.
View attachment 68290

I had him call in person to me earlier. Told me about all the work he is doing in the area. Told him i didn’t want anything done and that I was surprised that one of the names that he mentioned hadn’t said it to me when I was talking to him a hour previously! He then said that they hadn’t started there yet and he got into his jeep and drove off.

I had him call in person to me earlier. Told me about all the work he is doing in the area. Told him i didn’t want anything done and that I was surprised that one of the names that he mentioned hadn’t said it to me when I was talking to him a hour previously! He then said that they hadn’t started there yet and he got into his jeep and drove off.

Enough said I think......

I was sitting in the digger parked in a gateway trying to pick off crows with the shotgun when up pulls a similar painting firm and scares away the crows. Annoyed now I opened the door of the digger to hear him out. Was offering to paint sheds etc but I told him they were done 2 years ago and were good for ten years anyway. He didn't give up and kept on and eventually said that they have the perfect equipment to finish the job right. Don't worry says I, I've the perfect equipment here if the job wasn't finished right (motioning to the gun and the digger).
He got the message eventually.

I was sitting in the digger parked in a gateway trying to pick off crows with the shotgun when up pulls a similar painting firm and scares away the crows. Annoyed now I opened the door of the digger to hear him out. Was offering to paint sheds etc but I told him they were done 2 years ago and were good for ten years anyway. He didn't give up and kept on and eventually said that they have the perfect equipment to finish the job right. Don't worry says I, I've the perfect equipment here if the job wasn't finished right (motioning to the gun and the digger).
He got the message eventually.

Classic!! :lol::lol:

Everybody comprendez 12 gauge......

I've one calling to me this past year but so far there hasn't been a drop of diesel used on any of my galvanise yet. The first time he called I told him that his name was lynch and he was wanted by the guards for raping a French girl in Carlow. He said I swear upon the elements of me mother's kettle that she may never boil again that im the wrong man boss. I kept walking around his jeep repeating it until he left.
The next time he called I was sitting in the tractor in the yard when I copped him driving into the yard. I told him that I was in a bad way because the wife was after walking out on me and took the children with her. He said id say she's gone back to her mother's boss. I asked him to give me a hundred euros so that I could go and buy drink and he says drink is not the answer boss and drove away.
I was in Westport on a stag weekend and I was walking down the street and the next thing a BMW pulls up beside with Justin Bieber himself driving. He come here boss your one in a million but are ye ever going to think about getting them sheds painted? I told him that there's no money in farming and I've decided to plough the whole farm and sow ragwort in it and shut the gate. He says ah yer drunk boss sure we'll talk again when you're sober.

I’ll never get sheets painted again, replacing all with coated sheeting over time.

We got bad paint (& painter) some years ago. It peeled partly afterwards and nobody can paint it properly since.

Only steel we paint is done by ourselves.

Our coastal location makes good coating of steel more important than some areas.

Same here. All will be replaced with coating but I think I'll have a good few grey hairs (or Maybe none) by the time the first hayspan that was put up here will be done.

A few years ago someone I was talking to mentioned they had done the costings on it, and it was only two coats of paint to pay for most of the sheeting.

I know of a case where the painters ended up spraying a baler, they threw dust up on it to conceal it :cowboy::censored:

they called here whilst i was away for a few days "we met the boss in the coop yesterday driving that jeep and he told us to start away" aforementioned jeep is for the young lads and hadn't been moved in a month, my mum went nuts :2guns::2guns:and called the guards who told them to move on and don't come back they were blarney/mallow based:ban::ban:

they called here whilst i was away for a few days "we met the boss in the coop yesterday driving that jeep and he told us to start away" aforementioned jeep is for the young lads and hadn't been moved in a month, my mum went nuts :2guns::2guns:and called the guards who told them to move on and don't come back they were blarney/mallow based:ban::ban:

You were lucky the guards came out.

Back