Shed painting

J

John kverneland

I know it's the wrong time of year for it but could anyone recommend a good crowd (not travellers) as they f*cked it up the last time, I know there is a guy in Mallow but I don't know anything about him, I was going to maybe do one of them up at a time or I might get a decent quote to do them all 4 or 5 to do.. there are bits of rust on them nothing major but there's no holes in them or anything like that, I'm thinking should they be rust primed first? Any ideas or opinions welcome, TIA.

I've decided to let the roofs here rot and when they do they'll be getting cladding. Whats been spent on paint over the years would have them all re-roofed with money to spare by now. That's what I tell the boy's when they drop by and they don't like it at all :cool1:.

I've decided to let the roofs here rot and when they do they'll be getting cladding. Whats been spent on paint over the years would have them all re-roofed with money to spare by now. That's what I tell the boy's when they drop by and they don't like it at all :cool1:.
Serious money this painting job , we do them on a 4 year cycle certainly wouldnt put another one needing paint for sure.

Have said the exact same here, still though there are sheds up here since the late 40's and not gone yet!

Have said the exact same here, still though there are sheds up here since the late 40's and not gone yet!

Just don’t let it go bad enough that the timbers rot.

Had a 4bay hay shed with lean to’s here that was starting to let a small drop in in places. Replaced the sheeting with Agribuild+ a few years ago before the timbers were affected.
Delighted with the job.

€3k every ten years here to get painted including vat, also have a good few big sheds with coloured cladding. It'd be a large bill if everything had to be done. Power washed and brush painted everything here when I was 20, then again when I was 30, then after that I realised life was worth more than that when I heard of a few lads go through skylights and ending up in wheelchairs for life or worse. Contractor ever since but I buy the paint myself from a reputable hardware store and use Fleetwood paint-a top quality brand.
MF30

I know it's the wrong time of year for it but could anyone recommend a good crowd (not travellers) as they f*cked it up the last time, I know there is a guy in Mallow but I don't know anything about him, I was going to maybe do one of them up at a time or I might get a decent quote to do them all 4 or 5 to do.. there are bits of rust on them nothing major but there's no holes in them or anything like that, I'm thinking should they be rust primed first? Any ideas or opinions welcome, TIA.
carbery spray painting clonakilty,look for john keohane

Anyone know of a decent crowd around kildare, same criteria as the OP, may need to get some done next summer.

it maybe expensive to paint them but for looks alone its surely worth it, can you think of many top class farms with rusty sheds ?

Just don’t let it go bad enough that the timbers rot.

Had a 4bay hay shed with lean to’s here that was starting to let a small drop in in places. Replaced the sheeting with Agribuild+ a few years ago before the timbers were affected.
Delighted with the job.

Oh we patch them if that happens, the main problems with water are on overlaps in any case as the sheet seems to go quicker on these.

Anyone know how much a square metre it is to replace the cladding? Have never done it and shed is getting leaky. Any rough ideas appreciated

Anyone use this man or know of any of his work. Was on a farm he painted and have to say it was reasonably tidy job done.

3CC546CC-9532-45BC-96A2-A7AE4D8ED2B4.jpeg

Did S.Esmonde get him to do his.
Is that the real Gregory OBrien because it is a Generic name for shed painters.

He could have. The place I looking at was up bilboa direction. I was told it was a man and his nephew. 2 days washing and 2 days painting.

Anyone use this man or know of any of his work. Was on a farm he painted and have to say it was reasonably tidy job done.

View attachment 80615
I’d be wary of Journal artists, they all claim not to be related to each others. No matter how badly a shed is painted it’ll look good for a year or two. Tidiness may help but not a guarantee of a good job. Washing properly is 70% of the job, quality paint would be the rest for longevity.

I’d be wary of Journal artists, they all claim not to be related to each others. No matter how badly a shed is painted it’ll look good for a year or two. Tidiness may help but not a guarantee of a good job. Washing properly is 70% of the job, quality paint would be the rest for longevity.
Had bloody 3 different sets of travelers here the last 3 months asking about painting sheds said they were in the area, still trying to figure out where they were. I wouldn't let them paint a flower pot never mind a shed. They done a old man's shed there was as much on the walls as a he roof, another guy went from red shed to green and now they are a mix of both looks horrid

Had bloody 3 different sets of travelers here the last 3 months asking about painting sheds said they were in the area, still trying to figure out where they were. I wouldn't let them paint a flower pot never mind a shed. They done a old man's shed there was as much on the walls as a he roof, another guy went from red shed to green and now they are a mix of both looks horrid

No sign of social distancing so...

Anyone up around the Athy area ever heard of this crowd, are they nomadic salespersons?

20200725_132825[1].jpg

The reason I ask is that I was away for a while this morning and when I came back this was stuck at the back door when they had no business being around the back and could have put it through the letterbox in the front door. I'm wondering was this a snooping exercise by them.

Anyone up around the Athy area ever heard of this crowd, are they nomadic salespersons?

View attachment 80775

The reason I ask is that I was away for a while this morning and when I came back this was stuck at the back door when they had no business being around the back and could have put it through the letterbox in the front door. I'm wondering was this a snooping exercise by them.
By the sounds of it they went around the farm 1st then to the back door.

View attachment 80775

They are what you think they are... not the worst lot but by no means the best. They do a fair bit of work around but trust them as far as youd throw them

I put the phone on private and rang the mobile number, told him he had no business being around the back and that the guards had been informed. He gave his name as LC from Castledermot.

I put the phone on private and rang the mobile number, told him he had no business being around the back and that the guards had been informed. He gave his name as LC from Castledermot.
Yeah I'd be wary of him in particular but he gave you the right name id say. There is a colony of them in maganey/levitstown/castledermot area

Back