Shed roof sheeting

Was thinking non drip was a no go alright . What size timber would you need for 20ft spans would 7 x3 timbers do it .
Non drip won't work anywhere you have a heat source underneath. Might get away with it with a space heater in a workshop that's used intermittently but definitely not with cattle underneath.

Galvanised purlins haven't a thick enough coating of galv on them to deal with ammonia from cattle underneath them. They can be used if painted with correct paint.
I've seen galv purlins corroded badly in a shed that was only 4 years old but ventilation was bad in it too.

My neighbours shed 20 foot spans was done with gal. purlins 36 years ago and cement fibre ,3 on top had to replaced with the last few years .I have not seen it with a few years but surely more of them must be getting shook

Was thinking non drip was a no go alright . What size timber would you need for 20ft spans would 7 x3 timbers do it .

I think youd need to go heavier to be honest.

Wouldn't be afraid of the newer purloins with the coating, it's well proven. And to be honest most timber these days is pure rubbish.

Hi guys. I was asked to change a corrogated steel roof , about 44 sheets 18 foot long attached to steel gurder with hooks , with tegral sheeting and all side trims and ridge. Just wondering would anyone know approx cost of labour for something like this? Prob use tec screws for something like this? Sorry guys new to this forum.

Back