Shuttering options

josh

Moderator/IT Guy
I need to reinforce some shed pillars with concrete around them, approx a cubic metre around each one. Are there shuttering pans 1 x 1 metre available? I have thought about making up my own if not or building a block wall around each one and back filling with concrete.

You could get peri handsets which would be 900mm X 1500mm nice shutters to use, hook system to hold them together and whirly bolt.

I need to reinforce some shed pillars with concrete around them, approx a cubic metre around each one. Are there shuttering pans 1 x 1 metre available? I have thought about making up my own if not or building a block wall around each one and back filling with concrete.
Are they rotten at the bottom the reason why you are reinforcing them?
Had 5 here gone like that and I just dug them out and welded new bottom sections back in.

Are they rotten at the bottom the reason why you are reinforcing them?
Had 5 here gone like that and I just dug them out and welded new bottom sections back in.
That's right. That would certainly be the way to do it if the levels were staying the same. The shed itself is down in a hole so I'll be raising the floor by about 1 metre so thought this route might make sense.

Are the pillars good above the level of the proposed floor. If so, back fill with gravel and leave a good hole around the pillar for a good lump of concrete to go in around it.

Good idea on the oil barrels. I have one lying around but will need 7 more.

Yep they are good above the level the floor will be. They are 7 X 4 pillars.

Lads building a slatted tank near here were using massive cardboard tubes for making round pillars.
Cut the cardboard off with a stihll saw after.
They'd be the job? Smooth finish.

The lads that did a neighbours tank had half rounds that could be clamped together to make columns or where I saw them using them they were rawl bolting them up the side of the tank and pouring a half column where the shed pillars were to stand.

I was also going to suggest oil drums or blue plastic barrels as shutters

Lads building a slatted tank near here were using massive cardboard tubes for making round pillars.
Cut the cardboard off with a stihll saw after.
They'd be the job? Smooth finish.
How would you get them around the pillars, ring spanners and hydraulic hoses comes to mind..

How would you get them around the pillars, ring spanners and hydraulic hoses comes to mind..
There was no pillars, they were using the cardboard shutters filled with concrete to make the pillars, I assume it was inside the tank and they were going to put beams on top of the pillars to carry the slats

They can come in two parts also.

@drew Saved the day there!😂
Dont ask me what diameter they are now, I fell like they’d possibly 2ft in the round when clamped together but couldn’t be in anyway certain about it

There was no pillars, they were using the cardboard shutters filled with concrete to make the pillars, I assume it was inside the tank and they were going to put beams on top of the pillars to carry the slats
The OP has pillars .

Back