Side mounted conditioner mower

I don't think it's that surprising....

Look at any thread on here when someone asks about buying a second hand mower.

The first advice will always be to buy a new one. If the OP persists then the advice will generally be Claas or Kuhn, maybe Kvernland or Krone, but always to avoid the lesser known brands. Day you buy is the day you sell etc. I think Fort and or Morra gave all cheaper brands a bad rep in modern times

That samasz mower is a little over €1500 cheaper than the claas I posted above, a foot wider cut & 2019 known.

Is the claas worth the extra money?

I would say krone would be the best buy as it has easily removed hats if you hit a stone ,like I hate topping fields with my mower as there is bigger chance of meeting a foreign object .I had a 5 foot 6 unifarm rotary mower for 15 years and highly abused topping and cut silage and hay no bother just painfull slow

That samasz mower is a little over €1500 cheaper than the claas I posted above, a foot wider cut & 2019 known.

Is the claas worth the extra money?
Question I would ask myself is if you ever intend to sell it or just run it into the ground. The samasz is not one of more well known brands and will never be worth as much when you go to sell and will be hard to shift likely simple as.
The day you buy us the day you sell.
Samasz probably good enough mower know little about them apart from they were making rotary mowers maybe 15 years ago. Was 2 locally here bought new and for some reason they were prone to leaving a small maine of grass between drums. Dont know why just looking across the hedge at them. Always put me off them after that but I'm sure they are far from them days now.

Samasz are a massive manufacturer, I don't know anything about the above machine but they wouldn't be making so much stuff if they weren't doing something right

Question I would ask myself is if you ever intend to sell it or just run it into the ground. The samasz is not one of more well known brands and will never be worth as much when you go to sell and will be hard to shift likely simple as.
The day you buy us the day you sell.
Samasz probably good enough mower know little about them apart from they were making rotary mowers maybe 15 years ago. Was 2 locally here bought new and for some reason they were prone to leaving a small maine of grass between drums. Dont know why just looking across the hedge at them. Always put me off them after that but I'm sure they are far from them days now.
https://youtube.com/user/FirmaSaMASZ They look a well made machine bed looks very heavy duty. The class is a very good mower but if it’s 2012 and has a world of mowing done there doesn’t look to be any paint left on the bed or discs I get it hard to put 9k into it.

The samasz mowers are the same price as all the top brands but when you trade them in your not getting the value back.

Looked at them once and sem well liked in other places of the world. Mowers here stay to the death normally however a kv 337 might go the same way as the jf 2800, just not a krone being the issue but we are trailed mower here, hard to get fresh secondhand and bear to buy new for all we do.

She really would need to be the right pick, assuming her 2nd hand value would be falling quickly when compared to known brands.

Had a trailed vicon in work good mower to follow the ground . It worked well for 2 year`s but 3rd /4th year`s it gave no end of trouble bearing`s in the bed were going for sport the 3 blade disc`s were cracking behind the bolt for holding the blade . Def would`nt have one here anyway .

Quite like vicon the vicon mower here. Dont see alot wrong with it but it's own work only here.
we had a vicon 2400 here for topping with,hated it with an absolute passion.link arms have to be almost on the ground to put it on, we would be careful with machines here,have a lely 240 on it 22nd season, but yan hoor of a vicon,first Yr she cracked the bed under the first skid ,even the folding up was slow , the break away was very soft in it,and the final straw was in its 3rd year the seal went in the gearbox and let all into the bed, got parts for it up in Bells, and traded it in for a conditioner in lunneys.lad that milked for me bought it and hasn't looked back.
I'm supposed their was no love between us from day one

Back