Silage 2021

Tommy is 80.rang mccorry yesterday , he's 70 plus vat at 20% is 84 .young buck in the store was saying this evening when I was getting mine thats flying out.didnt need to know as I see pallets passing every day
A lot of lads around here wont deal with Tommy since the source of his wrap was revealed a few years ago.

There's a group of lads around here that buy 2 pallets between them and they were able to secure it for 80inc from feilim last week - I collected it on Tuesday for them. We get a full pallet from McCabes and they deliver it at a good price.

On the quin wrap, a lot got scalded around here in 2009 with it. It was a bad year and every wisp was needed but even with 6 layers, all the quin wrap bales lost several inches of feed to rot where the bale handler arms touched the bale. Nobody bought it in 2010 and i understand that they changed the manufacturing process after that to produce better quality wrap. But they had the damage done to the reputation at that stage.

A lot of lads around here wont deal with Tommy since the source of his wrap was revealed a few years ago.

There's a group of lads around here that buy 2 pallets between them and they were able to secure it for 80inc from feilim last week - I collected it on Tuesday for them. We get a full pallet from McCabes and they deliver it at a good price.

On the quin wrap, a lot got scalded around here in 2009 with it. It was a bad year and every wisp was needed but even with 6 layers, all the quin wrap bales lost several inches of feed to rot where the bale handler arms touched the bale. Nobody bought it in 2010 and i understand that they changed the manufacturing process after that to produce better quality wrap. But they had the damage done to the reputation at that stage.
Have to disagree given my own experience of quinn wrap.couldnt say a bad word about it but I did hear others lament about it.
All i know is tommy is selling yr after yr and is outselling everything the other lad sells multiple times over.if things were that bad they wouldn't go back.
Never heard where he gets the wrap as I don't have any waste bar the odd one that got damaged at stacking and maybe wasnt noticed but if its solid bale wasted will be minimal.generally only make 250 to 300 here along with 2 pits
Farmers i think are more to blame than the wrap.how often do you see wrapped bales in a field for hours or even a day or so before there moved.we try to have all stacked within an hour or so of being wrapped as your not disturbing the seal.
You see lads flying along with bales jumping on the lifter or swinging around which isn't good

The big freeze in Texas hit the production of polymers. And now with things reopening there is demand from car manufacturers and everything else.

Pevious post regarding wrap theft deleted
If lads want to put up a link to a Court case etc that is fine, but anthing else is dodgy ground.
Apologies for not putting up the links.

We were plagued here in the midlands a couple of years ago with wrap been stolen along with machinery. Couple of sheds locally have been broken into in the past month.

Ahh sure we must be all corrupt here so 😁heating oil , plastic , gates tyres meal machinery gates diesel comes from the border around here.
Big turn over with small margin.
Actually very decent lads to deal with despite what yee have just read above

Ahh sure we must be all corrupt here so 😁heating oil , plastic , gates tyres meal machinery gates diesel comes from the border around here.
Big turn over with small margin.
Actually very decent lads to deal with despite what yee have just read above
Loads of descent business people operating on the border but as I said, most around here won't go near that man after that incident. The victim is very well known - a lot of lads around here have bought machinery from him and his father before him and he is a very obliging and honest man.

Loads of descent business people operating on the border but as I said, most around here won't go near that man after that incident. The victim is very well known - a lot of lads around here have bought machinery from him and his father before him and he is a very obliging and honest man.
I can second what mucky says about the victim a decent hard working man.

I seem to recall another case where their good nature was taken advantage of by a con man, but I can't find details of it.....:unsure:

Back