Silage 2021

Attachments

• 20210720_203218.jpg
    20210720_203218.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 138
Continued my one man 2nd cutting,mowed raked,picked up and clamped 20 acres between milking.😅

Being a tightwad I’ve done the lightest and awkward bits with the wagon,I’ve the self propelled crew in tomorrow,mowing in front of the forager,I’d say it’ll be dry enough.

Our second last 1st cut job wrapped up. By no means a big job. Mowed all yesterday morning. Pitted 7ac of it on the out farm where cows will self feed. Then drew home the remaining in 88 bales today to the home farm to be wrapped and stacked

D5751B3D-E848-402A-9BF0-9141837516B6.jpeg

Met some whopping big loads of silage between clonakilty and bandon today. Must have been on a long draw, seemed to be a couple of convoys. Id say you'd need 2 loaders on the pit wherever they were headed

Do john deere harvestor have a hatred of dry silage.mowed 2nd cut silage yesterday afternoon and tedded it.raked and started to lift this evening.40ft rows in front of 7450.blocking and choking and putting chopped grass back out true feed rollers.
Contractor rang dealer who said grass was to dry and full of nitrogen.grass was tested.scum building up in some box too he told the contractor
Contractor rang this evening enquiring about the dept of the pit in the milking parlour as he's putting in a new one

anyways john deeres blowing problem wasnt helped by a hole in the wear plate.new one or ones put in after our grass was put in .......so I can ted away again.......😊

fairly light crop that. could you have got away with doubling the swarths if you have such means to double them?
got plenty of hardship trying to pick up a 10 ft row, it was all clover and it was like a rope in that it all just clung together meaning that i had to coax every lump into her, don,t have a rake anyway and find the jf doesn,t handle raked swards very well

Back