Silage 2021

Adam woods had a tweet up last night on the ifj of our contractor lifting last night the first of the season.heard it was light but I hear this morning 1 load didnt make it to the pit.cattle will ate it on the long acre

I can only think of one contractor not running JCB and he’s got x3 Liebherr shovels,huge amount of self propelled foragers in Lancs and there virtually all running JCB’s.
Volvo's, wa 320's, a cat and maybe a couple of new Holland's around. A few had really bad experiences with 416's going back 15 years ago and their market share never recovered

Volvo's, wa 320's, a cat and maybe a couple of new Holland's around. A few had really bad experiences with 416's going back 15 years ago and their market share never recovered
Neighbour told me their 416 near bankrupted them last year.😲

1 NH and a bunch of Volvo's down this neck of the woods. There used to be a kcb about but got replaced by said nh

'03 JCB 416 does my clamps, owner driven.
That’s the secret.

2 new volvos came to a sawmill near here l60h. One started givin bother around the 6k hour mark and when the mechanics came to look at it and saw it working they saw that the brake lights never came on once. Driver never hit the brake just straight from forward to reverse and reverse to forward. Other loader was perfect.

Last edited:
That’s the secret.

2 new volvos came to a sawmill near here l60h. One started givin bother around the 6k hour mark and when the mechanics came to look at it and saw it working they saw that the brake lights never came on once. Driver never hit the brake just straight from forward to reverse and reverse to forward. Other loader was perfect.

Still a few Volvos there , as in new .
But they have 2 ? Hyundais . New one . Replaced a similar 2 or 3 yr old Hyundai. Which gave a good account of itself. That driver wouldn't blackguard it .

I heard Aurivo are going to try 100 a roll this year for small quantities. I didn’t believe it but sounds possible.
80 euro a roll all in at the border.unfortunately no getting of without the " jockey " this year.
Pallets going by our place on a daily basis.seen 1 trailer this morning with 8 pallets on it

80 euro a roll all in at the border.unfortunately no getting of without the " jockey " this year.
Pallets going by our place on a daily basis.seen 1 trailer this morning with 8 pallets on it
That with Cassidy or McCurry?

Tommy is 80.rang mccorry yesterday , he's 70 plus vat at 20% is 84 .young buck in the store was saying this evening when I was getting mine thats flying out.didnt need to know as I see pallets passing every day

Tommy is 80.rang mccorry yesterday , he's 70 plus vat at 20% is 84 .young buck in the store was saying this evening when I was getting mine thats flying out.didnt need to know as I see pallets passing every day
Thanks for that, what brand does Tommy stock ?

Always found there was never to much between the two stores.

how do you find the quality of it ?

always used silawrap here, would be afraid to price local co op for it this year 😅
Put 24 spins on all bales regardless. Just a hoor to have to put vat on it this year.
We used alot of quinn wrap in its day and could never say a bad word about it.....it was quare strong stuff.bought a pallet when they were selling all out in May 2017.
47 euro a role. You couldn't go wrong.there was white wrap on the go but got 2 rolls but it wasn't great to be honest.had no waste but it was very light wrap

Whats the price break down on wrap and silage sheets. Is there a big duty on it besides tax. Why is it costing so much, the raw material isn't mad money

I hear there’s a shortage of raw material this year 80% of the normal supply of wrap in the country this year and there probably won’t be any more so simply supply and demand.

Back