Silage 2021

If a fella was to cut the toe off the wall where the Stanley knife is would they work in a meal shed as a walls? Was thinking of repurposing the 4 walls that are broken

Attachments

• IMG_20210517_071051.jpg
    IMG_20210517_071051.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 189
If a fella was to cut the toe off the wall where the Stanley knife is would they work in a meal shed as a walls? Was thinking of repurposing the 4 walls that are broken
No, the idea of the toe is that the down ward pressure from the weight of the material sitting on top of it stops the upright from bending over.

When the mill closed down close to here we got some walls exactly like yours (if you cut the toe off). They were used for stacking grain in a large store. They did the job perfectly there anyway.

A walls have a much larger base I would think and would be heavier. Your walls would still do I would think but not with grain tipped to a big height

I'd be inclined to park them .if there cut it will leave them less safe.
Your family and others need you fit n healthy.
I'd cut the toe of them and use as a base under a big drinking trough out in a paddock.
Just my view only on them

They'd become seriously unsafe. Looks bad enough as it is as when setting it up it could fall back pretty easily. A second cousin of mine had on fall on him when they were setting them up as a pit barrier. Almost killed him and it resulted in life changing injuries. He can walk n get about but can't really work and has to manage the pain with medication and rest alot. Lucky to be here at all.
Don't mess with it and even consider getting a newer design with a wider base to either side.

Getting the walls in place and straighten up and cleaning out under the old ones. Sorry I didn't buy more of the bigger ones. Will get a few next year again hopefully
We don't sell those walls for agricultural purposes in Banagher, but always wondered about them, hence my question - is there a stitch pour to tie them together or do they work independent to one another? I don't see how they would be good enough for a silage pit wall if they are individual?

Back