Silage 2021

All going well the last 9 acres of the brothers 1st cut should be in today. I won't be sorry to be done. Usually I enjoy silage but this year it's been a pain in the hole. The main drum belt went in shite yesterday. Cue nearly a grand to replace that. Then the blower belt decided to go in shite shortly after. That's another 500 odd. The annoyance of it all is incalculable. On the plus side the ac that got damaged in the fire last year is fixed and working again so at least I'm cool while swearing profusely.
The nature of machinery, it only breaks when it's working..

All going well the last 9 acres of the brothers 1st cut should be in today. I won't be sorry to be done. Usually I enjoy silage but this year it's been a pain in the hole. The main drum belt went in shite yesterday. Cue nearly a grand to replace that. Then the blower belt decided to go in shite shortly after. That's another 500 odd. The annoyance of it all is incalculable. On the plus side the ac that got damaged in the fire last year is fixed and working again so at least I'm cool while swearing profusely.
What type harvester was this? Luckily they had the belts in stock at least.

Don't panic agri power, I'll put the bonnet back on the 3050 and I'm on the way.
40 euros/hour and all I can ate. 😎😎
20210610_191345.jpg

What type harvester was this? Luckily they had the belts in stock at least.
A Claas 695. In fairness to the dealers they've always had a good stock of parts in for those machines. Going forward though parts availability on the day there needed is going to be gone. No bother ordering in the bits however.

Reactions: c4l
Maintenance free, no grease point. Back to the drawing board with them..
No grease point on the crown wheel?? The Lely has one each side of the housing on the middle rotors and just one nipple on the outer rotors. Are you going to drill, tap and fit greasers now?

Back